Any Experience With Spankthishookups.com?

jackboy48
This topic is 1768 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I recently found spankthishookups.com, and at first thought I had found Nirvana, worked very hard on my profile and started getting messages right away. It's a free site, and they don't even seem to have a "paid" membership, but so far it's just endless messaging. I did identify a "spanker" that I know, but even though he keeps his posting updated, I know that he is deeply embroiled with family issues that are preventing him from a hook-up. (I haven't confronted him, because he's a very skillful Dom. and I expect his family issues to end within the year). So, is this site just for spicing up our imaginations?, or do some guys actually hook-up? Are there any other sites besides Recon?, which pushes a rather expensive membership fee and is packed with posers? I've had some luck with FetLife, which has led to joining several local Munches, and even finding a private club with over 5000 sq ft of dungeon play space. I've met a lot of warm and accepting men through the Munches and Club events, had several flirtations and hook-ups, but only for sex. There are some professional male Doms in the area, and one is appealing, but has never been reviewed. (Miles Striker?)

• 2 weeks later...

I've met a couple guys on STH over the years but seeing it is a free site there are a lot of people where it is just a fantasy. I've had the best luck with recon, even though it is a very broad range kink site. I tend to look for paid members since people that are just fanitisizing about it and have no plans to meet up are going to pay to join a site. I'm on FETLIFE but too many straight people and it's hard to do searches like on recon/spankthis

I’ve been attempting to find clients there for a few weeks but it seems to just be another hookup site. Might as well just stick to Grindr if youre looking for a hookup, at least guys on there are less weird about their kinks.

I've met a couple guys on STH over the years but seeing it is a free site there are a lot of people where it is just a fantasy. I've had the best luck with recon, even though it is a very broad range kink site. I tend to look for paid members since people that are just fanitisizing about it and have no plans to meet up are going to pay to join a site. I'm on FETLIFE but too many straight people and it's hard to do searches like on recon/spankthis

I've had both a paid and unpaid membership on Recon. The paid membership definitely allowed more browsing and access to "galleries," but neither one has led to a hook-up by itself, though I've used info from Recon as a cross-reference for guys I first met on other sites like FetLife and STH. As a paid member on Recon, I got repeatedly involved in message exchanges that were being used as an adjunct to some guy's masturbation fantasy. I did meet one guy on Recon, but we actually connected through SilverDaddies (later I found him on STH, too). Guess there's no one perfect site for me, but FetLife has been the most helpful for getting me reintroduced to the BDSM lifestyle.

I've had both a paid and unpaid membership on Recon. The paid membership definitely allowed more browsing and access to "galleries," but neither one has led to a hook-up by itself, though I've used info from Recon as a cross-reference for guys I first met on other sites like FetLife and STH. As a paid member on Recon, I got repeatedly involved in message exchanges that were being used as an adjunct to some guy's masturbation fantasy. I did meet one guy on Recon, but we actually connected through SilverDaddies (later I found him on STH, too). Guess there's no one perfect site for me, but FetLife has been the most helpful for getting me reintroduced to the BDSM lifestyle.

I like fetlife but can't figure out how to search for hookups. Recon I have a couple saved searches on and can search for guys in an area I'm in but can't figure out how to do it on fetlife.

I can't remember the last time I hooked up with someone on STH but have had a few good hookups when travelling thanks to recon. I usually don't like to pay for sites but recon is worth it.

A little off topic but a good way to get recon cheaper if you have an iPhone is to buy Itune gift cards at Costco or when they go on sale at Christmas time and pay for your membership on the phone through the App.