Jon_boy, massage, and ITunes

tchm
This topic is 1770 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://rentmasseur.com/Jon_boy

OK, guys. Help me make sense of this strange encounter with this guy.

We set up an appointment. Then, like an afterthought, he texted: btw I don`t accept cash, just ITunes gift cards. Well, that`s a first, I thought. Curios, I asked why. He said bec he has been given some counterfeit cash before and had some dude (his word) fight him. OK, that made sense although it`s still not clear to me why the ITunes gift card. Then he texted me a picture of the exact $100 Apple APP Store & ITunes gift card that he said I should buy at Walgreens or Walmart. He instructed me to text him when I have the card.

Intrigued now, I purchased the card and texted him. There was a delay in his reply. He said he was in session and apologized. I drove down to the hotel he`s staying at. He said he`ll be down in 2 minutes to get me.

This is where it got really weird. Here`s our exchange:

HIM: So you have the card with you?

ME: Yeah

HIM: OK just as I sent those pictures to you send the one you bought. I need to confirm it.

I took a pic and sent it.

HIM: Take a clear picture of it. ... I`m waiting.

Sent another shot.

ME: Got it?

HIM: Not yet.

Me: I sent it twice already!

HIM: OK. I saw the pack of the card. Now, remove the card from the pack and there`s a space at the back of the card that you can scratch. Scratch it and then snap and send the picture.

I`m thinking now - ok, this is getting Twilight Zone weird.

HIM: I`m waiting. I don`t have much time.

I LEFT WITHOUT A WORD.

HIM: Are you there? Are you there?

ME: *silence*

HIM: What color of cloth are you putting on? As you know this is a discrete service.

What happen? Are you okay?

HIM: Talk to me let me know what`s going on. If you keep silent I don`t know how to help.

And that`s the end of it, I hope.

WTF was that?!

And what was that " What color of cloth are you putting on? As you know this is a discrete service." comment about?

Edited by tchm

The pic of the card is all he needs to use it, not the actual card. That part is a pretty common scam. Send the pic, never see the guy. Maybe he needs whatever is under the scratchable part of the card to use it too. At that point he may have been trying to act normal to finish his theft of your money. Don't send him the pic. If it didn't go through. Also see if you can use the card quick before he has a chance. Never send itune card pics!

https://rentmasseur.com/Jon_boy

OK, guys. Help me make sense of this strange encounter with this guy.

We set up an appointment. Then, like an afterthought, he texted: btw I don`t accept cash, just ITunes gift cards. Well, that`s a first, I thought. Curios, I asked why. He said bec he has been given some counterfeit cash before and had some dude (his word) fight him. OK, that made sense although it`s still not clear to me why the ITunes gift card. Then he texted me a picture of the exact $100 Apple APP Store & ITunes gift card that he said I should buy at Walgreens or Walmart. He instructed me to text him when I have the card.

Intrigued now, I purchased the card and texted him. There was a delay in his reply. He said he was in session and apologized. I drove down to the hotel he`s staying at. He said he`ll be down in 2 minutes to get me.

This is where it got really weird. Here`s our exchange:

HIM: So you have the card with you?

ME: Yeah

HIM: OK just as I sent those pictures to you send the one you bought. I need to confirm it.

I took a pic and sent it.

HIM: Take a clear picture of it. ... I`m waiting.

Sent another shot.

ME: Got it?

HIM: Not yet.

Me: I sent it twice already!

HIM: OK. I saw the pack of the card. Now, remove the card from the pack and there`s a space at the back of the card that you can scratch. Scratch it and then snap and send the picture.

I`m thinking now - ok, this is getting Twilight Zone weird.

HIM: I`m waiting. I don`t have much time.

I LEFT WITHOUT A WORD.

HIM: Are you there? Are you there?

HIM: What color of cloth are you putting on? As you know this is a discrete service.

What happen? Are you okay?

HIM: Talk to me let me know what`s going on. If you keep silent I don`t know how to help.

And that`s the end of it, I hope.

WTF was that?!

And what was that " What color of cloth are you putting on? As you know this is a discrete service." comment about?

@tchm His profile says he has been a member of Rentmasseur since July 11th which is yesterday. When was your massage session? Since according to his profile he has only been online advertising 1 day. In addition, in most photos his face appears to have been photo shopped on his body. (wow, I wish this massage thing was simple and we all did not have to be detectives just to get a good masseur)

Edited by Dmitri

I am glad the scammer(s) didn’t get what they were after. But in reality there were many red flags along the way.

Always remember RULE #1, also called TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. A guy that hot checking “erotic” and charging only $100?! In LA of all places?!

Plus there’s RULE #2, when things get just a little weird RUN! First, there is no way the muscular guy in these pix weighs only 165 lbs while being 5’9”. Then he lists Clearwater as a travel destination. As if he rushed to establish his rentmasseur profile just before his trip to that major metro area. And most importantly, who the fuck wants a stupid card instead of cash?! Remember, when something doesn’t seem right in this business, there is a good reason for it.

Having said that, I now feel like contacting these asses and wasting their time, they certainly deserve it!

I'm glad you didn't get suckered into that scam, @tchm. Funny, as I looked at the guy's photos, the first thing that occurred to me was "wow, really hot guy" and the second thing was "there's no way he's eating that donut and looks like that". :D

I think the doughnuts clouded my judgement ha ha. I thought we could connect bec it's my comfort food. Silly, I know. Live and learn. ?

Edited by tchm