How to Control Access to iPhone photos?

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 1787 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi. I asked this question once but can't recall the answers provided nor can I find the thread now. Basically, if one has certain photos on one's iPhone that are. more private in nature than other photos can they be removed from the photos app and placed into another app that can be secured? If so what are some of these apps?

Thanks!

It's called a photo vault

I have some cherished pictures of @TylerandAce (Ace ) in photo vault.:)

Thanks, Tyler and Ace. So there are apps for this?

Yes there are apps in the App Store. In fact there are multiple. Just look up Photo Vault, and you should see a slew of them. Some even have false fronts of other things. There was one-not sure if it's still around- that ostensibly looked like a calculator. And the calculator even worked.

You add the picture to the Photo Vault App and erase from your photo album. Once you have installed the app, be sure in your phone's settings that you have set it up to upload the ApP and contents to whatever storage you use (iCloud or iTunes for Apple), so that you don't lose the pictures if you have to restore your phone or set up a new phone with a prior phone's data.

Gman

I've used a free version of "Calculator" from several years ago that allows a surprisingly large number of pics in a "hidden" part of the app.

I've been told that new versions might not be so generous with the storage, however, although there are versions for purchase that do more.

Not sure what happens to the locked photos if you were to update your phone.

I've used a free version of "Calculator" from several years ago that allows a surprisingly large number of pics in a "hidden" part of the app.

I've been told that new versions might not be so generous with the storage, however, although there are versions for purchase that do more.

Not sure what happens to the locked photos if you were to update your phone.

At least on iPhones, in settings you can pick which apps you want backed up. You just have to make sure that the option for Calculator is toggled on.

Gman