Men's Grooming and BCAAs

Guest KongKingBing
This topic is 1789 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest KongKingBing

Hi,

I'm having a problem with cuticles (or the area above my nails) peeling badly. I read that it's because of the extreme heat which is causing dryness. The NY heat and sun is a killer. Any suggestions about how to prevent this?

Also, I considering to start taking BCAAs. I wanted to see if anyone took them and what effect that they had on your body.

Guest LeonTrotsky

I can only try to answer the second part of your posting.... I use BCAAs daily.... and twice on heavy workout days - they seem to give me more endurance and power during my workout - not sure if it i placebo effect but the trainers and hard core body builders all endorse it over other supplements for getting stronger and leaner....

If you want more details about supplements happy to try to answer but let me warn you - you will hear many many different opinions from people. however most agree that BCAAs (and creatine) actually work.

I’m not sure why you think branch chain amino acids are

going to improve your cuticles? Like most nutritional

supplements, they won’t do more for you than a well

balanced American diet will. Other than very expensive

urine and poop there’s really no benefit.

Eat healthy. Exercise. Unless you have some strange

metabolism issue, or are malnourished, that’s it.

Guest KongKingBing
I’m not sure why you think branch chain amino acids are

going to improve your cuticles? Like most nutritional

supplements, they won’t do more for you than a well

balanced American diet will. Other than very expensive

urine and poop there’s really no benefit.

Eat healthy. Exercise. Unless you have some strange

metabolism issue, or are malnourished, that’s it.

Lmao.

The cuticle question and the supplement question are two different concerns.

Lmao.

The cuticle question and the supplement question are two different concerns.

Too fucking funny.

Ok...so smear this on your cuticles every night for 2 weeks.....

https://www.kiehls.com/body/hand-creams-and-treatments/intensive-treatment-and-moisturizer-for-dry-or-callused-areas/295.html

Just don’t eat it....it won’t help your bodybuilding.....grin

Hi,

I'm having a problem with cuticles (or the area above my nails) peeling badly. Any suggestions about how to prevent this?

Try rubbing a tiny amount of Aquaphor on the cuticles after you shower. That resolved the same problem with my nails.

Make sure you don't use too much or you'll get Aquaphor on everything over the course of the day. :)

Hi,

I'm having a problem with cuticles (or the area above my nails) peeling badly. I read that it's because of the extreme heat which is causing dryness. The NY heat and sun is a killer. Any suggestions about how to prevent this?

Also, I considering to start taking BCAAs. I wanted to see if anyone took them and what effect that they had on your body.

A helpful thread, but you might get more discussion if you have it in the Lounge. Doesn’t fit in the Galleries section.

Guest KongKingBing
A helpful thread, but you might get more discussion if you have it in the Lounge. Doesn’t fit in the Galleries section.

Gotcha.