GAY HELL (a lovely little town)

samhexum
This topic is 1826 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

YouTuber buys town of Hell, Michigan, renames it ‘Gay Hell’

A musician bought the town of Hell, Michigan — and renamed it “Gay Hell,” according to a report.

Elijah Daniel, who is also a popular YouTube user known for his crude humor on the social media site, reportedly said he renamed the town in an act of protest against the Trump’s administration’s ban on US embassies flying rainbow flags for Pride month.

“I have a young audience who is 16 to 24 who would not be involved in politics if it wasn’t in a funny or meme way,” the 24-year-old told NBC News about his reason behind the purchase. “I’m just trying to have fun and get my audience politically active.”

The musician, who goes by “Lil Phag,” declined to say how much it cost to buy the tiny town from its previous owner, John Colone. He told the outlet he will be the temporary owner.

The newly-rebranded town is a five acre commercial property and was on the market for $900,000 in 2016, the Detroit Free Press reported at the time.

It’s located about 15 miles northwest of Ann Arbor and is believed to have a population of about 70 people, according to the outlet.

Earlier in the day, the vlogger tweeted: “As of today, I am the owner of Hell, Michigan. I bought the whole town. And my first act as owner, I have renamed my town to Gay Hell, MI.”

“The only flags allowed to fly are pride.”

But he told the outlet that the flag rule is a joke and won’t be enforced.

Daniel, a California resident with more than 500,000 YouTube subscribers, said he hopes his purchase will also spur people to visit Michigan.

This isn’t the first time he’s gone to Hell to make a political statement. In 2017, he took part in a mayor-for-a-day shtick that costs $100 — and

Previous owner Colone, who acts as Hell’s unofficial mayor and runs the town for tourists, is “one of the sweetest people alive,” Daniel told the website Mashable.

“Very LGBT-friendly, and that’s, in rural Michigan, very hard to find,” he said.

Colone owns may of the businesses inside the town, including the souvenir shop, the chapel and the mini golf course. A message left for Colone wasn’t immediately returned.

elijah-daniel_twitter.jpg

9/1/2017 - Mayor of town makes heterosexuality illegal

Go to Hell if you can’t take a joke.

YouTube comedian Elijah Daniel took swift action when he was sworn in as Mayor of Hell, Mich., Wednesday, quickly announcing via the President’s prized platform of Twitter that heterosexuality was illegal in the community of 72 people.

“I banned all straight people, but still allowed Donald Trump. He is allowed to go to Hell at any point,” Daniel told the Livingston Daily. “The proclamation is a rewrite of Trump’s Muslim ban. … He makes stupid decisions, so I decided to do the same thing.”

Straight people living under his rule would be forced to pay an $84,000 deposit that they would get back after one year if they don’t engage in “heterosexual activities,” while homosexual conversion therapy is highly encouraged.

Those not taking part in the non-mandatory program would be required to wear a “scarlet H and meet in the town center at 5:30 a.m. wearing cargo shorts every morning to be publicly straight-shamed.”

Unfortunately for Daniel, he would also receive a certificate of impeachment like the other 40 people who have paid to be Mayor so far this year.

Though it’s unclear if he was able to fulfill his promise to “Make Hell Great Again” in such a short span of time, he’s optimistic he made an impact on his peers still in office.

“I hope my act of bravery will inspire fellow politicians to ban straights as well,” he tweeted, adding, “Being impeached was fun @realDonaldTrump, you should try it.”

Daniel, who previously authored a 21-page piece of Cheeto-charged gay erotica about Trump getting a special type of room service titled “Trump Temptation: The Billionaire and The Bellboy,” bought the temporary title of Mayor for $100.

In addition to not having to deal with any democratic election process, he’d also receive an official decree, some dirt and a coffee mug.

DIgBpBHWsAAzVP_.jpg

DIgBpBSWAAANa8J.jpg

DIgGpOEW4AASdY8.jpg

Hell, Mich., Heats Up for 6-6-6 Party

HELL, Mich. 6/6/2006 - They're planning a hot time in Hell on Tuesday. The day bears the date of 6-6-06, or abbreviated as 666 _ a number that carries hellish significance. And there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that the day will go unnoticed in the unincorporated hamlet 60 miles west of Detroit.

Nobody is more fired up than John Colone, the town's self-styled mayor and owner of a souvenir shop.

"I've got `666' T-shirts and mugs. I'm only ordering 666 (of the items) so once they're gone, that's it," said Colone, also known as Odum Plenty. "Everyone who comes will get a letter of authenticity saying you've celebrated June 6, 2006, in Hell."

Most of Colone's wares will sell for $6.66, including deeds to one square inch of Hell.

Live entertainment and a costume contest are planned. The Gates of Hell should be installed at a children's play area in time for the festivities.

"They're 8 feet tall and 5 foot wide and each gate looks like flames, and when they're closed, it's a devil's head," Colone told The Detroit News for a Saturday story.

Mike "Smitty" Hickey, owner of the Dam Site Inn, wasn't sure what kind of clientele would show up Tuesday.

"We're all about having fun here. I don't think we're going to get the cult crowd, the devil worshippers or anything like that," said Hickey, whose bar's signature concoction is the Bloody Devil, a variant of the Bloody Mary.

Colone, meanwhile, has been in touch with radio stations as far away as San Diego and Seattle that are raffling off trips to Hell in honor of 6-6-6.

The 666 revelry is just the latest chapter in the town's storied history of publicity stunts, said Jason LeTeff, one of its 72 year-round residents _ or, as the mayor calls them, Hellions or Hell-billies. But LeTeff wasn't particularly enthused.

"Now, here I am living in Hell, taking my kids to church and trying to teach them the right things and the town where we live is having a 6-6-6 party," he said.

According to the town's semiofficial Web site, there are two leading theories about how Hell got its name.

The first holds that a pair of German travelers stepped out of a stagecoach one sunny afternoon in the 1830s, and one said to the other, "So schoene hell" _ roughly translated as, "So bright and beautiful." Their comments were overheard by some locals and the name stuck.

The second holds that George Reeves was asked after Michigan gained statehood what he thought the town he helped settle should be called, and reportedly replied, "I don't care, you can name it Hell if you want to." The name became official on Oct. 13, 1841.

Edited by samhexum