Vitamins / Supplements / Meds = What works & what doesn't?

s1conrad
This topic is 1804 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You love to gaslight!

Ps I hate tofu.

I've been on 420 all day long... you should try it and your posts will be slightly less mean ;)

Tofu is protein, you must eat some of it unless you want to become a burden to our country.

Edited by marylander1940

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on 420 all day long... you should try it and your posts will be slightly less mean ;)

Tofu is protein, you must eat some of it unless you want to become a burden to our country.

So that explains why you comment on every single post. You just have 420 filter on everything. That explains the Tofu burden to society comment.

Because most people are indoors most of the day, and wear sunscreen when they're out, almost everyone needs vitamin D supplementation (every single patient I've ever checked for Vitamin D who isn't taking vitamin D supplements is low in vitamin D, unless he works in landscaping or some other outdoor job). Also, it's very difficult to get the recommended about of calcium in one's diet. I advise most people to take vitamin D and calcium supplements. It's also almost impossible to get the Vitamin B12 one needs from a vegetarian diet, so probably all vegetarians should take B12 supplements. B12 deficiency leads to permanent nerve damage and dementia. A multivitamin supplement is probably also not a bad idea. Most other supplements are a waste of money, and many can interfere with a number of medications.

From Wikipedia...

Vitamin B12 deficiency can potentially cause severe and irreversible damage, especially to the brain and nervous system. At levels only slightly lower than normal, a range of symptoms such as fatigue, lethargy, difficulty walking (staggering balance problems) depression, poor memory, breathlessness, headaches, and pale skin, among others, may be experienced, especially in elderly people (over age 60)who produce less stomach acid as they age, thereby increasing their probability of B12 deficiencies. Vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause symptoms of mania and psychosis.

Vitamin B12 deficiency is most commonly caused by low intakes, but can also result from malabsorption, certain intestinal disorders, low presence of binding proteins, and use of certain medications. Vitamin B12 is rare from plant sources, so vegetarians are more likely to suffer from vitamin B12 deficiency. Infants are at a higher risk of vitamin B12 deficiency if they were born to vegetarian mothers.

giphy.gif

I was advised to take B12 methyl & iron supplements after going vegetarian back in '06

Also take a daily multivitamin + a separate magnesium taurate supplement.

For workout: NOW unflavored whey isolate & TransparentLabs stim-free pre-workout

I had a bad experience with pre-workout shit loaded with stimulants once, never again!

Unlike vitamin B12, iron needs can readily be met even in a vegan diet. Beans, lentils, many green leafy vegetables, for example, are great sources of iron. And don't forget Cheerios!

jnbAIXOrjEYiVft-1600x900-noPad.jpg?1491108227

Actually fortified cereals are one of the best ways of getting B12 as well if you're a vegan. It's actually in Cheerios as well. It's not a terrible idea to eat cereal as part of any restrictive diet, because the vitamin fortification they provide can't be beat in most other types of food.

Unlike vitamin B12, iron needs can readily be met even in a vegan diet. Beans, lentils, many green leafy vegetables, for example, are great sources of iron. And don't forget Cheerios!

jnbAIXOrjEYiVft-1600x900-noPad.jpg?1491108227