got curry? (Canada vs. USA in NBA)

glutes
This topic is 1807 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I would have picked the Raptors tonight, but I actually think it's even, which means it will be a blowout. :D

OK, I was wrong about the blowout. ;) Congrats to the Raptors and their franchise first title and validation for Kawhi, who was done wrong by his prior team.

Congrats to the Raptors for a war of a series, but damn!

When the injury bug hits it's an infection!

Klay went down with what is a torn ACL and potentially out all of next year just like KD :(((

This series has been one hell of one misfortune after another for my team. ...was on the verge of a possible win last evening before Klay's injury. I feel very sorry for him as well as for Kevin and do hope both can beat the odds and recover fully as well as rapidly!

The crowd in Toronto was cheering when KD got injured. Really classy, Canadians!

There was a real backlash in Canada about the initial (which didn't last) unsportsmanlike cheering for an injury. Normally the crowd would gasp in concern.

Edited by RealAvalon

Game 5 win, and utter heartbreak.

It's Sunday, June 16, 2019, and I am still heartbroken and distraught about my team, the Golden State Warriors' loss on Thursday evening. But more troubling to me is the team's losing of two of its very "star" athletes: KD and Klay. ...am praying that their recovery and recuperation and their rejoining will good extremely well for both!

The Anthony Davis trade yesterday to the Lakers (for Ball, Ingram, Hart plus draft picks) now starts the various balls moving, whereby all the agents of the free agents, including Durant's, ramp up negotiating talks.

Thompson will max-sign with the Dubs but KD basically has to decide exactly where he wants to sit around and rehab for an entire year and then pop back into free agency after next year's season.

Does anyone know where Durant calls his "home"? Where his entourage, friends, etc hang? I never got the sense it was in the Bay Area.

Does anyone know where Durant calls his "home"? Where his entourage, friends, etc hang? I never got the sense it was in the Bay Area.

He's from DC, but wouldn't anyone rather live in Oakland than in DC?

KD is from the DC area and has philanthropic projects there. But despite the breathless wishes of the local fans, the Wizards don't have the cap space to get him. If only they could make Mexico pay for John Wall!