got curry? (Canada vs. USA in NBA)

glutes
This topic is 1827 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Of course Oaktown is rooting for his home town Homies!

Stephen Curry has the singular ability to warp the behavior of everyone around him on the basketball court, and the way that he breaks defenses was apparent in the Golden State Warriors’ first playoff game without Kevin Durant.

It was one of the defining games of this Warriors dynasty. Curry scored 33 points on the Houston Rockets in the second half, but his first half was revealing for the exact opposite reason. When he went to the locker room at halftime, Curry still hadn’t scored a single point.

The Warriors weren’t getting blown out. They weren’t even losing. They actually won the minutes he played even though he was scoreless. That is the power of Stephen Curry: He changes the game simply by stepping on the court.

~WallStreetJournal 30MAY19~

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first time, Kerr and the Warriors are staring at a 1-0 deficit in the NBA Finals. They've trailed in series before, faced plenty of adverse moments along the way, but this is the newest challenge for a franchise trying to join the short list of clubs that have won three consecutive championships.

Ey?

I was on needles and pins throughout the game and did think they'd pull it off. Every time they urged closer-- those Raptors managed to hit a few more baskets. Hope I'm not disappointed tomorrow, for I want this team to win again!!

I'm a fan and am elated that they won yesterday but am worried about the four players who are battling an injury. Hope this does not impede the DUBs being victorious this year! :):):):):)

If the Raptors couldn't beat the depleted Dubs in that game, it's hard to see a way to them winning the series.

Dubs are even more depleted for game # 3.

The Golden State Warriors Will Be Pretty Crabbed For Game 3

A seminal description of Steph Curry’s 2012 ankle surgery inspired “crab meat” as in-house shorthand for serious sports injuries. But right now, with the NBA Finals tied 1-1, Curry might be the only Golden State Warrior who could not be consumed with melted butter and lemon. Nearly everyone else in the rotation belongs somewhere between backfin and jumbo lump.

Any of you believe Kevin Durant is milking his injury so that he can be sure to be in tip-top shape for free agency?

Any of you believe Kevin Durant is milking his injury so that he can be sure to be in tip-top shape for free agency?

That dawned on me last evening after it'd been reported that he would appear in Game 4 along with Klay. I am so afraid that the Warriors will NOT win the title this year, but if it happens to occur-- I'll be highly elated, especially for OAKtown!!!

sjm-warriors-0309-051.jpg?w=620

KD's getting injured again was oh sooooooooo unfortunately for the player as well as for the team itself. I hope he's not out for all of next season, and I write this more on behalf of this phenomenal man/athlete than for the GSW's being division/national champs.

Video of hecklers screaming at Stephen Curry’s parents surfaced on Twitter, creating more social media backlash at a Raptors fanbase that already took a hit for its reaction to Kevin Durant’s injury.

The clip posted by The Render on Tuesday afternoon shows Sonya and Dell Curry exiting a van at the entrance of the team hotel to shouts of profanity from a group gathered at the St. Regis in downtown Toronto.