LA Phil, Dudamel and Lang Lang

E.T.Bass
This topic is 1817 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I tag along with my straight pal to various entertainment venues around LA and this year he invited me to experience Gustavo Dudamel, music director, LA Phil.

I'd wanted to see Dudamel more often and glad I finally am. Last Sunday was the launch of Thomas Ades' Inferno, an orchestral work commissioned by the LA Phil as part of its centenary. Was magnificent. Part 2 of the work will premier next year. Last Sunday's performance will broadcast on KUSC later next month. Check their website.

5c8a76202400000a05a31c15.jpeg?ops=scalefit_630_noupscale

Last night included Egmont. Simply brilliant. Also Hayden Symphony No 104. Lovely.

Lang Lang performed Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 2. He is magic. I'd never seen him in concert before. He was looking very svelte and elegant last night. Lang Lang really plays from both his head and heart. That's the best way I can put it. Afterward Dudamel and Lang Lang were both so gracious towards each other and the audience. Was a special moment that brought a lump in my throat.

I picked up Lang Lang's new release in the gift store. His encore last night was from his new CD, Lang Lang Song Book,

LangLang_PianoBook2-e1552789322625-800x532.jpg

Edited by E.T.Bass