All in My Family

E.T.Bass
This topic is 1844 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Streaming on Netflix, a worthy and poignant short film by Hao Wu. About 40 minutes

From the IMDB Site,

From documentarian Hao Wu comes a heartfelt portrait of how he created a thoroughly modern family in America, only to face the dilemma of introducing his same-sex partner and their children to his deeply traditional parents and relatives in China.

One thing I love about the message is how the Chinese family express their traditional ideas without pouring shame and religious bigotry on top of their honest concerns.

Maybe it is a stereotype, but all my experience aligns that way, there is no ugly side, or at least it is well under control, that they are so generous in respecting the feelings of others, although Hao Wu wanted to get a way from traditional ways, obviously.

MV5BMjViZmRiOTMtMTI0My00YWYzLWIwY2QtM2FlOTMxY2Q3NzAzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjAyODk4NzQ@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg