ATL School of Massage

BeefyDude
This topic is 1908 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Curious if anyone has tried this out

Its (duh) a massage school. Students practice on you with a massage at a seriously reduced cost ($40)

Obviously it is 1000000000000% therapeutic with NOTHING else

But i'm ok with that. However, the down side is (at least on your first visit) you can't specify a specific person NOR gender.

Just wondering if anyone in the area has tried and if so what your thoughts were?

Thanks

I have no experience with the clinic in your title. But I’ve had favorable experiences with other massage school clinics. It’s all about expectations as to whether you, and others, might find a school clinic a good choice. If your focus is getting a good massage read on….

What you can expect:

It will be a 100pct professional environment.

Appointments are often required.

As a state licensed massage therapy school they are subject to unannounced and random inspections. What that means is:

The facility will be clean. Linens will be clean. Students will be clean. There will be real massage tables.

Some schools have very nice facilities with individual rooms that have lighting control and relaxing music. Some student clinics are held in a gymnasium environment with little more than moveable screens between massage stations. Find out about their student clinic facilities.

You will always be appropriately draped as the therapist works on different areas. Yes, they might work on half of a bare buttock at a time. The other side will be draped and tucked. If you’re uncomfortable about that you should make that known to the therapist at the outset and / or wear shorts.

It’s not uncommon for the massage to include face, scalp, hands and feet. Some schools offer different session lengths.

The students will have progressed beyond the basics before being allowed to work in the student clinic.

You will experience different levels of competence if you repeat visit.

It’s not uncommon for some therapists to have actually graduated and now working in the clinic to obtain the required “hands on” hours needed to get their license.

For your first visit expect to arrive a bit early and fill out a medical questionnaire.

If you have particular aches and pains let your therapist know so they can focus on the appropriate areas. Provide feedback.

You will likely be asked to complete an evaluation form on the student at the end.

What not to expect:

Anything sexual.

Do not get yourself blacklisted for anything that could be construed as sexual harassment or solicitation.

I typically discretely slip a tip to the therapist, away from the school staff, at the end. School is expensive.

I go when I want the focus to be massage - just massage. I always shower just before going. Just try to relax. I’ve never had the same therapist twice. I’ve never had a “bad” massage at a school. A very high percentage have been very good.

I don’t care if they are male or female. You’re face down most of the time. When face up they may cover your eyes with a towel.

WOW what great responses - Thanks

I agree this env would be 100000000% therapeutic which is FINE with me

The cost is appealing to me $40 as I recall which would save me alot. I know I would be getting a good massage

I just like having a male work on me. I like deep work which in my own opinion is best handed by a guy

I will seriously give this a thought... Thanks again

My experience is that masseuse students know how to do deep work. Some of the very best deep massages I’ve had were done by females. I specifically remember one who was also quite petite. I think it may have something to do with “proving a point” that they’re not wusses. When you schedule indicate you’re looking for deep tissue. The school will likely try hard to pair you accordingly. They don’t want bad reviews.

... I just like having a male work on me. I like deep work which in my own opinion is best handed by a guy...

I have to agree with this. I've never had a massage from a female that I enjoyed. I always felt like their fingers were too thin/boney. I like a man's strong hands.