"The Invisibles"

beethoven
This topic is 1924 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I saw this tonight, and was very moved by this docudrama -- the director's term -- about Jews who hid from the Nazis in Berlin, avoiding deportation to death camps in Poland. 7,000 Jews hid during 1942-45, and 1500 survived. This movie is based on interviews with four of them about ten years ago. One of the survivors and the director spoke after tonight's screening at the Landmark on West 57th St in New York. It is also at the Quad Cinema in NY, and has opened in Los Angeles.

Some may have read the unfavorable review in this morning's NY Times, which is accurate in its description. However I do not agree at with Jeanette Catsoulis' conclusion. According to the director, plans for a wider distribution in the US are up in the air. It has already been shown at film festivals, and in Germany, Israel, Japan, and China, and probably other countries that he didn't mention.

I definitely recommend it.