New spa in NYC: Shangri-la

beethoven
This topic is 1934 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The owner of Utopia, my favorite spa, has opened another, called Shangri-La. It opened last week, and I took the plunge on Thursday. It's at 14 E 44th St, between Madison and 5th. Rates are a tad more expensive than Utopia, but it's more upscale décor, both in the reception area and in the rooms. The masseurs that work there also work at Utopia. I had a masseur who I had seen at Utopia, and he provided the same excellent level of service that I'm used to at Utopia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The owner of Utopia, my favorite spa, has opened another, called Shangri-La. It opened last week, and I took the plunge on Thursday. It's at 14 E 44th St, between Madison and 5th. Rates are a tad more expensive than Utopia, but it's more upscale décor, both in the reception area and in the rooms. The masseurs that work there also work at Utopia. I had a masseur who I had seen at Utopia, and he provided the same excellent level of service that I'm used to at Utopia.

I posted my review elsewhere, so I'll keep this brief. Shangrila is a perfect location for me and I only became aware of its existence. I went on Monday night and had Patrick (Thai/thai-like massage). The space is great in every respect. The individual rooms are large and private. I am definitely going back