Traveling to LA

CarolinaRen
This topic is 2013 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Moderators, I hope this is acceptable to post this to the forum. I'm traveling in a couple of months to LA, and while there I will have time for a couple of massage sessions. I see that a lot of providers are in West Hollywood. Would LA locals recommend staying at a hotel in West Hollywood, or would downtown be just as good a location? Or would it matter? I will be working downtown. Any advice appreciated.

I would say you'd have a bit of an advantage for availability and convenience if you stayed in West Hollywood, or even Hollywood, or midWilshire, or Beverly Hills, etc

Plenty of providers would travel to downtown, no problem - but LA traffic always rears its ugly head and you will definitely have more flexibility if you're not in downtown. I tend to say I won't even consider driving downtown between 7-10am and 4-7pm.

Not sure how you want to balance convenience for your work - the flip side of this is that you may not want to fight the traffic yourself for work.

Will you have a car of your own and be willing to travel?

Will you want to walk to shops, restaurants, etc on weekends and evenings? Downtown is much more active than it was 10-15 years ago, but you still can't compare it to the nightlife/street scene of West Hollywood.

Bottom line - you will have no problem getting a great provider to come downtown, but you probably increase your selection of guys and time slots if you're not downtown.

Edited by LAdude424

This helps a lot! Thanks!! I actually will not have a car while there.

I would suggest that you stay downtown or nearby so as to make your business connections & time frames convenient for your original purpose of going to LA which you noted was for work purposes. In other words, your accommodations will be focused on your business engagements downtown. By doing so, you can avoid a long daily commute to and from downtown in morning & evening rush traffic, something that is best avoided!

Make your 2ndary emphasis in LA (for fun, including massage or otherwise) also your 2ndary focus as goes your accommodations.

Plan to go to an appointment with a provider at his location via uber, a cab or even the train.

Have fun!

There's a concentration of m4m masseurs and spas in Weho (West Hollywood) and Beverly Hills.

There are definitely masseurs downtown, but not as many as the above cities.

If you are working downtown, I'd recommend staying there. Could you change hotels to Weho on Friday and bookend a weekend? That would give the convenience of being close to work and then free you for the weekend in Weho.

Hollywood has a lot of providers as well but a bit more of a tourist trap. Koreatown has a lot of gay friendly spas.