Please, please someone help me

TruthBTold
This topic is 2010 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I watched a show (approx an hour and a half) that consisted of a series monologues all done by women. It was excellent; good scripts and great acting. I wanted to tell a friend about it but of course could not recall the name of the show or the names of any of the actresses. If I remember correctly, it was a British production (but maybe not). There were two monologues that really struck a chord. First there was one which took place in the 50s. The only character is a secretary who begins an affair with another of the secretaries at the place she works when she is told about her proclivities. The second one I really remember is one in which the character is lying in bed and begins speaking about the fact that in 1991 the British government passed a law making it illegal for a husband to physically force his wife to have sex with him. She goes on to talk about the fact that even tho he still could force her she now has to go to the police station to try to convince them that she had not given permission. It was really powerful. The actress that did the monologue was a well known British actress. You see her in a lot of period pieces on PBS, e.g. She has a very distinctive voice you would recognize. So any way sorry to go on. It must have been on PBS, or BBC America, or HBO. Thanks in advance.

Yes, that is it precisely. I am not sure if you have seen it ( I have a feeling you have). The two I really liked were Bovril Pam with Jodie Comer and Pig Life with Shirley Henderson. They were all good however. The actress in Outside is particularly good. Also the Pritilata and Reclaim The Night pieces are stunning. I thank you and my friend thanks you.

Edited by TruthBTold

Yes, that is it precisely. I am not sure if you have seen it ( I have a feeling you have). The two I really liked were Bovril Pam with Jodie Comer and Pig Life with Shirley Henderson. They were all good. The actress in Outside is particularly good. Also the Pritilata and Reclaim The Night pieces are stunning. I thank you and my friend thanks you.

Glad I could help.