All About Eve - London 2019

s1conrad
This topic is 2054 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Feb - May 2019, Gillian Anderson and Lily James will star in a new stage production of the Bette Davis classic, 'All About Eve'. The 1950 film is one of my favorites and I would love to see it performed live on stage. The plot, involving an aging Broadway star being undermined by her obsessive understudy, seems very relevant in today's cutthroat celebrity culture. The website for the play doesn't give too much info, aside from the theater location (The Noel Coward) and the ticket prices (a lofty 150 Pounds for Center Stalls). I'm not sure if the story's timeline will be set in the 1950's or in today's social media obsessed era. Seats seem to be going fast--even though it's 4 months 'til opening. I'm always up for an excuse to visit London town and this looks like a great spring getaway. Airfares in late Feb/early March on Norwegian from OAK to Gatwick are $480 r/t.