The Good Place

Nvr2Thick
This topic is 2064 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I found The Good Place season one on Netflix late last year, and binge-watched without catching season two on DVR. Now that season two is on Netflix I'm taking it in on "slow binge" in preparation for season three, which is programmed into my DVR.

Is anyone else following The Good Place? On another thread some folks lamented the reboots and remakes highlighting an industry that has either run out of ideas or is pandering with nostalgia. I like this show because it's a completely fresh idea, and the humor is sometimes absurd and sometimes highbrow. The ongoing themes of morality and ethics are unique for a situation comedy, and the "situation" is one we have not seen before. There's been great character development, an excellent and diverse cast that doesn't lean too heavily on tropes and stereotypes, and a nice comedic role well-suited to Ted Danson's strengths.

http://msmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/ef198d1f4ebca90809031f6397d2065a861c6f7e-1024x576.jpg