Rita on Netflix

Cooper
This topic is 2113 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I got hooked on Rita after watching the 1st episode.

Rita is an excellent Dutch school teacher who loves her students but is also very complicated. She’s a hot looking sexy blond who wears the tightest fitting jeans in heels, & has the best stride on TV. She’ll also have sex with just about anyone & enjoys her cigarettes & liquor. There’s no holding back once she sees a challenge.

She’s divorced & has 3 children. Two are very good looking boys. One straight & the other gay.

This 5 season series with English subtitles will take you through Rita’s complex life, the highs & lows.

I love this show, although the season where they explored her teenage years was not my favorite

I agree as the action no longer focused on her family, however, we get to see how Rita became such an excellent teacher. The influence of some caring teachers who gave her encouragement & confidence was well portrayed. Also, the development of her relationship with Lea was well done.

I also thought the actresses playing young Rita & Lea had a striking resemblance to their older characters.

I enjoyed the very symbolic ending it had. Left you happy & with hope.