Oak Park River Forest High School documentary

This topic is 2075 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The system where Ernest Hemingway, Kathy Griffin, and the Voice of Homer Simpson went is being presented in a documentary America to Me on the STARZ network, beginning August 26.

When I was there in the mid to late 60’s, I had one black classmate out of about 900 graduating seniors. This documentary exhibits the problem of African Americans trying to find themselves in a vary traditional, Republican, conservative suburb.

Oak Park was also the location for the architect Frank Lloyd Wright.

Should be interesting. It will probably be disturbing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Park_and_River_Forest_High_School

Great area of Chicago (or suburban Chicago). Never knew much until changing jobs soon after I moved to Chicago, and a co-worker lived adjacent to the Wright District, and grew up in River Forest in what was a "modest" home for the neighborhood. After, visited the area several times. Like it a lot. Both are destination suburbs of Chicago, if you want to pay the taxes. Oak Park is very gay friendly, and I would hazard to guess more Democratic leaning than River Forest. Looking forward to seeing the documentary.