A Warm Wind on Amazon

FrankR
This topic is 2082 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 3 weeks later...
I was surprised to find a few (new to me) GLBTQ movies on Amazon Prime. There is also The Last Year and Best Day Ever. I've seen Regarding Billy before but would like to see it again. Any good ones that I missed? :cool:

How was Regarding Billy?

My next try will be A Warm Wind. Another thread discussed Just Say Love.

Last night I watched Arizona Sky. I appreciated it and wanted to love it. But it's not in the same league as Just Say Love. The story idea was interesting. There were some good scenes. I'm glad Amazon gives these LGBT+ movies a home even when they are not as polished as they might be.

How was Regarding Billy?

My next try will be A Warm Wind. Another thread discussed Just Say Love.

Last night I watched Arizona Sky. I appreciated it and wanted to love it. But it's not in the same league as Just Say Love. The story idea was interesting. There were some good scenes. I'm glad Amazon gives these LGBT+ movies a home even when they are not as polished as they might be.

I don’t think I got all the way through Regarding Billy... I enjoyed A Warm Wind, I found the scene where they talk politics around the dinner table very nostalgic - and we thought we were a country divided during the war; look at us today!!!:(

I don’t think I got all the way through Regarding Billy... I enjoyed A Warm Wind, I found the scene where they talk politics around the dinner table very nostalgic - and we thought we were a country divided during the war; look at us today!!!:(

I agree.

Finished A Warm Wind. A reminder of those active-duty currently in harms way, and those that have returned that are suffering.

Today's political climate does not give them much space to them if it ever did.

Glad I watched it.

Edited by E.T.Bass

Continued with another Prime selection, Ander (2009).

A Basque farmer and Peruvian immigrant. English subtitled.

Good movie, but the scenery is way prettier than the players if that matters.

Acting and direction was a cut above the other recent Prime selections.

Looking at what's up next. I see Missing Link, about a gay caveman. :) Might wait a while on that one.

Continued with another Prime selection, Ander (2009).

A Basque farmer and Peruvian immigrant. English subtitled.

Good movie, but the scenery is way prettier than the players if that matters.

Acting and direction was a cut above the other recent Prime selections.

Looking at what's up next. I see Missing Link, about a gay caveman. :) Might wait a while on that one.

Hey @E.T.Bass, I saw Ander and liked it also. I watched most of Missing Link, but I found it to be a B-grade movie and the acting was terrible. I am going to guess that you may not finish watching it as well. But, do let us know your opinion... Best!

Hey @E.T.Bass, I saw Ander and liked it also. I watched most of Missing Link, but I found it to be a B-grade movie and the acting was terrible. I am going to guess that you may not finish watching it as well. But, do let us know your opinion... Best!

Hey @easygoingpaul I ended up watching The Last Year instead

Even though I liked bits and pieces of it, I'd really recommend watching Fair Haven again, or The Falls trilogy, if up for a worthy screenplay about anti-gay clergy. Latter Days would also be a good choice.

The Last Year went a little too far with how awful the gay guys were treated by faculty, students, parents, church, and most of all the storyline. They couldn't catch a break. Going to that school was a nightmare when I think about how they had almost no fun times along the way, while facing relentless rejection and hatred.

Hey @easygoingpaul I ended up watching The Last Year instead

Even though I liked bits and pieces of it, I'd really recommend watching Fair Haven again, or The Falls trilogy, if up for a worthy screenplay about anti-gay clergy. Latter Days would also be a good choice.

The Last Year went a little too far with how awful the gay guys were treated by faculty, students, parents, church, and most of all the storyline. They couldn't catch a break. Going to that school was a nightmare when I think about how they had almost no fun times along the way, while facing relentless rejection and hatred.

@E.T.Bass This past year I've been watching a lot of movies on Prime... I saw Fair Haven (really good movie), The Falls trilogy (excellent acting and theme. Falling in love knows no boundaries even in the Mormon church). I also saw Latter Days maybe three times. I think in movies like Latter Days and Something Beautiful, I feel transported in time to when I was their age and is just a fantasy of how I would've like for things to be more open for me than the closeted life I had. That's part of the reason I love these movies... Cheers!

BTW I saw, A Warm Wind. It was a very touching movie about sacrifice and its long lasting effects including those around you... How to care for another human being by volunteering your time and part of your life.

Edited by easygoingpal