The Gay History Of The High Five

Avalon
This topic is 2139 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

An interesting aside to the part of the story about Tommy Lasorda's son and Glenn Burke having a relationship. The Lasordas live in Fullerton and his son when to high school with my youngest nephew. My nephew was an outstanding high school and college baseball player, too slow for the pros. Lasorda Jr. was very open about the fact that he was gay and his father treated him like absolute SHIT because of it. Jr. and my, very straight, nephew became friends and the kid spent a considerable amount of time hanging out at my sisters home. Mr sister was very fond of Tommy Jr. and she frequently invited him to stay around for dinner. I will always remember my sister calling one evening crying. Tommy Jr. had sat with her earlier in the evening and in tears told her how much hers and my brother-in laws acceptance of him meant especially considering how awful his father was. He was an incredibly nice kid.