Vice's Last of the NYC Leathermen

This topic is 2137 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks to @LoveNDino for posting. This video was uploaded to YouTube in 2012.

LOL. The upstairs bathroom. I was told the first time I went that the only “safe” bathroom was the one on the first floor. Since then they took the door off the upper bathroom most likely to discourage activity?

Have not seem the haircut thing in a while... as I recall it was on Leather night which used to be possibly Thursday years ago if I recall correctly. You had to wear leather to get into the second floor bar area. Have not been there during the week in a while, but they have something now clalled Gear Thursday’s... but while encouraged is optional. If you are going there you really need to wear some leather no matter what night you get there, but then again most guys don’t and are not looked down upon for not doing so. To each his own indeed!

Also regarding the upstairs roof... BIG LOL! Since then an upscale high rise condo was built across the street and potted trees were positioned to hide the view of the open roof top area. Ya know.... as in, “Mommy what are all those men in Black doing on the roof?” The trees have grown such that much of the view from across the street would be obstructed... but not all!

With the very-now attitude of the femme guy having more acceptance and visibility, it's interesting to see the growing divide within the community between those who identify as masculine and those who are feminine.

Personally, I've always liked the leather scene for it's hyper-masculinity. It's attractive to me.