Visiting San Diego

DaninWA
This topic is 6607 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know this has been discussed before; however, when I did a search, 112 pages came up and I could not locate what I wanted. Thank you for bearing with me.

Looking for some hotel recommendations and ideas for an enjoyable time. We will be in SD for 4 days during the week in mid-May and would like a nice place, preferably within walking distance to the beach. Price range no more than $200/night. Less is good, too:) My bf loves clubs and parties, while I am more reserved and enjoy beaches and museums. We both like good, independently-owned restaurants, music, movies, and live theatre.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Dan

You are going to have trouble finding a hotel near both the beach and clubs. I would recommend that you go on http://www.priceline.com put in the dates you are looking for and select the Downtown San Diego & Harbor Island area. This area is near the Gaslamp (Gay) Quarter and has great restaurants and clubs. You will be able to bid on 4, 3 or 2 1/2 star hotels. I would start bidding at $150 for a 4-star, $125 for a 3-star and $100 for a 2 1/2 star. Hope this helps and if I can be of any further assistance please feel free to message me.

Hey Dan if being within walking distance of the beach is your number one priority try for a hotel/motel in either Mission Bay or Coronado. Both are an easy drive to the Gaslamp District in downtown San Diego. Coronado will be the more quaint of the two but also the more expensive.

Archived