The Chew Is Over

This topic is 2155 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Much as I am TOTALLY on board with the #metoo movement I regret the loss of this show. In this case I think the network went too far. One bad apple doesn’t always necessarily ruin the entire basket. And the bad apple was fired.

I will miss this uplifting show especially Clinton Kelly who provided such a strong and positive image of a gay man. And I can’t not think of the other cast and 100+ crew members who are now out of a job.

Perhaps there is more to this story than I know. If so please educate me.

Edited by LADoug1

Just read that one reason it was canceled was because ratings dropped 17% after the news broke about the scandal. But Carla Hall said most ratings are down as people are taping the show and watching at their own convenience.

Just read that one reason it was canceled was because ratings dropped 17% after the news broke about the scandal. But Carla Hall said most ratings are down as people are taping the show and watching at their own convenience.

There's no reason that recording the show would suddenly cause a ratings drop.