Stockbar recruits dancers

InterestingGuy
This topic is 2175 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Does anyone know how Stockbar recruits dancers? It can't be as simple as just having auditions and open calls. I'm amazed that for decades there have been so many young Canadian jocks willing to dance (and more) nude. It seems there is less stigma to do such a thing than there is in the USA.

Does anyone know how Stockbar recruits dancers? It can't be as simple as just having auditions and open calls. I'm amazed that for decades there have been so many young Canadian jocks willing to dance (and more) nude. It seems there is less stigma to do such a thing than there is in the USA.

Part of being a little bit France, and not being founded by Puritans. lol

I think it's a combination of different things.

Montreal has a long "anything goes" history that dates back to the era of Prohibition in the United States.

http://activehistory.ca/2012/12/remembering-montreals-cabarets/

Montreal is also a big university city and its a role that suits students looking to earn money. I guess it's a job that easier to do when it's not your home town.

I’ve watched auditions many a weeknight at Stock. Usually it’s one or two guys trying out.

I also know that some dancers bring friends to dance at Stock. Kind of like doing a referral service. For instance mike brought his friend Kobe to dance. Former dancer Yannick brought his friends Jaycob and Philipe to star dancing at Stock. I bet 30-40% of the dancers start as a result of a referral from a current dancer.

I’ve watched auditions many a weeknight at Stock. Usually it’s one or two guys trying out.

I also know that some dancers bring friends to dance at Stock. Kind of like doing a referral service. For instance mike brought his friend Kobe to dance. Former dancer Yannick brought his friends Jaycob and Philipe to star dancing at Stock. I bet 30-40% of the dancers start as a result of a referral from a current dancer.

I have seen many an audition there as well. And also concur about referrals from dancers already there.

So there auditions are open to the public? Makes sense when you think about it, but for some reason I wasn’t thinking it went past, “Take off your shirt. Okay, you’re in.” What are the nights for it, are is it a random thing.

So there auditions are open to the public? Makes sense when you think about it, but for some reason I wasn’t thinking it went past, “Take off your shirt. Okay, you’re in.” What are the nights for it, are is it a random thing.

Often on Thursday.

Often on Thursday.

I have seen them on several different nights...it's not a take off your shirt your in type thing. They have to actually perform two songs on stage.