An Unexpected Geography Lesson

Gar1eth
This topic is 2305 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It’s a British show. I think it’s called “Let It Shine”. Probably the 1st clue that it’s from the UK was that he’s from Wales and a head boy. Plus the cute Judge with the white hair is Martin Kemp from Spandau Ballet. And while I knew that was Amber Riley from Glee, I’m not sure who the other 2 judges were. But I couldn’t believe Martin only gave the kid a 3. He’s 17 and I thought he did great. I get a sneaking suspicion the kid might be gay. On the other hand it might have been nerves or the fact that he’s European (cf “Legally Blonde, The Musical”).

If I heard right the song was gender neutral. I like that!

If you like the fact that the song is gender neutral-although it’s really not as one of the lines is “I’m your man”- then you’ll probably like this version from Miscast.

I love the way she taps Brian D’arcy James-the original King George with the scepter.

Gman

He performs it a lot like Groff did.

This must be the UK: On a US-based reality talent show, they wouldn't even let someone on who sings showtunes.

This particular reality show was basically a showtune contest. The individual auditioners were put into groups, and the winning group would star in a new West End musical about a fictional boy band. I don't watch much English-language TV any more, but I ended up getting hooked on this show because (of course) some of the contestants were wicked hot. Unfortunately, none of my fave hotties were in the winning group :(