The Globes

OCClient
This topic is 2334 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yay @ Queen Frances McD & 3 Billboards winning the most important awards tonight <333 I was worried that anti-Trump sentiment would propel Meryl/The Post to victory, which would've been almost criminal. Did not care much for that movie.

Glad to see ice queen Tonya Harding in the building as well <3 I remember being in like 8th grade when the Tonya vs Nancy drama took place & I was #TeamTonya all the way, still am lol

Enjoyed I, Tonya very much. You certainly do see all points of view and at least, I came away feeling compassion for Harding. Imagine being a national joke for something that you really didn't even do? Or as the movie reports, didn't even know about it. Her husband's buddy and her "body guard" Sean was the mastermind of that ill fated plot if the movie is to be believed. Robbie does a great job and of course, Janney steals the show as her monster of a mother.

But Three Billboards is my favorite so far. Watched it twice. Huge fan of In Bruge and this movie comes from the same mind with a lot of the same cast and attitude. McDormand eviscerates the Catholic Church in one memorable rant. Harrelson is excellent as well as is Rockwell. Caleb Landry Jones is this one too. Seems to be his year. Watched him in American Made, Tom Cruise's best flick in years and in The Florida Project. Ladybird was great film, too. Very deserved win for Ronan. Wish Metcalfe could have won as well, but Janney was too good. Looking forward to seeing Metcalfe back on Roseanne revival, but afraid that Barr is going to slant it all pro Trump just to allegedly represent the deplorables that elected him. Turning the channel at the slightest hint of that. Harding's mother would have made a better prez than that ignorant embarrassment.

There are such wide ranging critical opinions about which nominations are most deserving this year.

The National Society of Film Critics announced their choices this weekend. Ladybird was the leader. Get Out was also well liked.

I am really looking forward to seeing Ladybird (although at first I thought it was about Mrs. Johnson). Also, saw Get Out and liked it a lot. The performances are very strong. Daniel Kaluuya obviously gave a strong performance. Catherine Keener subtly played against type but I always believe she is a really great actress that I wish would do more. Allison Williams also was great. The guy who plays the TSA agent is hysterical. I hope he does more.

Enjoyed I, Tonya very much. You certainly do see all points of view and at least, I came away feeling compassion for Harding. Imagine being a national joke for something that you really didn't even do? Or as the movie reports, didn't even know about it. Her husband's buddy and her "body guard" Sean was the mastermind of that ill fated plot if the movie is to be believed. Robbie does a great job and of course, Janney steals the show as her monster of a mother.

But Three Billboards is my favorite so far. Watched it twice. Huge fan of In Bruge and this movie comes from the same mind with a lot of the same cast and attitude. McDormand eviscerates the Catholic Church in one memorable rant. Harrelson is excellent as well as is Rockwell. Caleb Landry Jones is this one too. Seems to be his year. Watched him in American Made, Tom Cruise's best flick in years and in The Florida Project. Ladybird was great film, too. Very deserved win for Ronan. Wish Metcalfe could have won as well, but Janney was too good. Looking forward to seeing Metcalfe back on Roseanne revival, but afraid that Barr is going to slant it all pro Trump just to allegedly represent the deplorables that elected him. Turning the channel at the slightest hint of that. Harding's mother would have made a better prez than that ignorant embarrassment.

I'm also looking forward to the Roseanne reboot & don't care if she goes all political in it, in fact, I want her to! :)

I don't think she's even a Trumptard, she just looked @ the horrible choices we we're all presented with for the presidency, & voted for the person she thought would do the least damage. Whether she was right or wrong is another story. She's ultimately more of a Green Party lefty than a right-wing Republican.

Tonya was a victim of mainstream media bias for the longest time. Glad she's doing well now, & finally getting the vindication she deserves with this movie.

I am really looking forward to seeing I Tonya. I am glad that you get a movie presenting different perspectives in one film. Or at least that is what is purported.

I, Tonya has a lot of good buzz

Yay @ Queen Frances McD & 3 Billboards winning the most important awards tonight <333 I was worried that anti-Trump sentiment would propel Meryl/The Post to victory, which would've been almost criminal. Did not care much for that movie.

Glad to see ice queen Tonya Harding in the building as well <3 I remember being in like 8th grade when the Tonya vs Nancy drama took place & I was #TeamTonya all the way, still am lol

Did you see her first movie, Blood Simple? F. McD. and M. Emmit Walsh! :) They were also both in Raising Arizona which I LOVE!

Edited by OCClient

I, Tonya has a lot of good buzz here in LA. I must see it ASAP.

Did you see her first movie, Blood Simple? F. McD. and M. Emmit Walsh! :) They were also both in Raising Arizona which I LOVE!

Good LA buzz or not, you def MUST see it! Everyone should, it's a good movie <3

And yes, I've watched every Frances McD movie, she's been my favorite actress for a long time. So suave. :cool: