Massage in Palm Springs

Cannon
This topic is 2389 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi guys! Im considering a move to Palm Springs. I know that this is kind of a broad question but I'm wondering if any masseurs that work there know if there is much massage business there. I know its extraordinarily hot during the summer months but I think its paradise the other seasons...but Im just curious from a business point of view.

@Cannon , I don't think many masseurs use this forum. Your best bet would be to first check the listings for Palm Springs on Rentmasseur.....Masseurfinder...and MassageM4M. See how many listings there are in that area, and what the competition is. Then call a few of the masseurs and ask the questions you asked here. You might find a friendly masseur willing to fill you in on the massage business opportunities in Palm Springs. Good luck! :)

Edited by Dmitri

Do a google search, as I cannot find it right away, but there is a lengthy website that has exclusive Palm Springs masseurs, although only a few are still active, but are worth running across. One man looks striking in his ad, but a facebook visit shows age hasn't been kind, which explains his current ad showing his (late?) 1990s self!

The "vintage" photo is far too common, unfortunately. Are you referring to "exceptional hands as the misleading ad? I would guess that photo is def from the Clinton era.

Hi guys! Im removing this because the question its best suited for masseurs, most of whom don't use this forum.

I think your initial post inquiry was fine, and appropriate, for this forum.

I’m not a masseur (although love mutual) but here are some observations for the Palm Springs area:

A scan of the postings on masseurfinder.com shows 48 advertisers under the “Relax” section. Not a single one is black and, maybe, about ten might be competitors IRT age and physique to what you offer.

A scan of massagem4m.com shows similar results.

A scan of rentmasseur.com shows 24 advertisers of which only one is black. and maybe a half-dozen possibly competition IRT to your age and physique.

Scanning sexymasseur, craigslist and backpage also shows little competition IRT "you".

The Palm Springs area caters to the “country club” demographic. It’s a preferred location for visitors in the cooler months.

Don’t know if ethnicity is an issue with the local demographics or not. Hope not. But maybe consider doing a short time rental and test the waters. It’s not too far to the LA market if it turns out to be too slow for business.