Gina Rinehart demands National Gallery remove her portrait!

Posted (edited)

OP note: she's doing nothing but drawing more attention to her relationship with natives!

“I paint the world as I see it,” Namatjira said, in response to Reinhart’s reported attempts to have her portrait taken down, in a statement shared with TIME by the NGA on Thursday. “People don’t have to like my paintings, but I hope they take the time to look and think, ‘why has this Aboriginal bloke painted these powerful people? What is he trying to say?’” 

“I paint people who are wealthy, powerful, or significant—people who have had an influence on this country, and on me personally, whether directly or indirectly, whether for good or for bad,” he said.

f_webp

Edited by marylander1940

On 5/16/2024 at 1:39 PM, marylander1940 said:

OP note: she's doing nothing but drawing more attention to her relationship with natives!

“I paint the world as I see it,” Namatjira said, in response to Reinhart’s reported attempts to have her portrait taken down, in a statement shared with TIME by the NGA on Thursday. “People don’t have to like my paintings, but I hope they take the time to look and think, ‘why has this Aboriginal bloke painted these powerful people? What is he trying to say?’” 

“I paint people who are wealthy, powerful, or significant—people who have had an influence on this country, and on me personally, whether directly or indirectly, whether for good or for bad,” he said.

f_webp

The portrait looks more like a cross between Rosie O' Donnell and Melissa McCarthy than Gina Rinehart. Are we sure this isn't the same sketch artist in a New York courtroom right now?