City Spa LA

Ruqas

I seen older posts about City Spa in LA, but wanted to see if anyone has has any recent experiences? A friend wants to go for his birthday and I want some current information. Any info on masseuses and what the European body wash is like? Normally I’ve gone to Wi Spa and this friend group like City Spa better. 

It’s a different place. Lions was farther west on Pico, near San Vicente. City Spa is on Pico between LaBrea and Fairfax. I haven’t been to City for several years so can’t provide an update. 

Edit: wow, admission is $75 per their website. I hope they have done some meaningful renovations or updates to warrant the price. Last time I was there - it’s been several years - the facilities were well worn. 

Edited by db66

I've only been a couple of times, and it was much more of a Russian banya kind of situation.  There was a nice jovial, American guy at the counter, and after that, many exchanges were either with a heavy accent, or outright being asked questions in Russian, like at the scale--what the pounds weight equaled in kilograms. 

My recollection was something like...  :classic_tongue:

image.thumb.jpeg.8ad52703d8fefad71527627400e8c874.jpeg