Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Question for those that have been to Spa 27. If you’re a walk-in, do they pair you with a masseur at random or do they give you a choice? Just curious.

I havent tried choosing then and there yet, but the owner have encouraged me on several occasions that I can pick when I get there. I’m too shy for that. Haha!

Edited by Link

I havent tried choosing then and there yet, but owner have encouraged me on several occasion that I can pick when I get there. I’m too shy for that. Haha!

Haha, I think I'd be too shy to pick as well. Thank you for the response!

I'm not sure I would go to just anyone to do that kind of work - it's a razor blade near sensitive areas. But Hush Manhattan on West 47th Street does all kinds of grooming. Just call them and tell them what you want. In my several years of experience going there anyone they pair you with will be competent with both waxing (sugaring) and trimming/ shaving.

Long time patron of Hush... Recommend.

Energy Men’s Spa is seemingly staffing with new guys. Always enjoy meeting a new crew. If anyone has any experience with Alvin or Roger, I’d be curious to hear.

Is this place worth checking out? It’s not far from where I work, and I’ve been thinking about passing by after a long shift.

Shangrila is on 44th St, east of Madison Ave, It's owned by Xiao, who also owns Utopia on the UES. I've been to both, but not since the lockdown (I intend to resume in a week), and I can recommend both of them highly. Always spotless, friendly people at the desk, and good masseurs.

I went to Shangrila this past Wednesday afternoon. Still good. The place is very clean and welcoming and the massage was really good. It's a great option for midtown east.

I went to Shangrila this past Wednesday afternoon. Still good. The place is very clean and welcoming and the massage was really good. It's a great option for midtown east.

Any recommendations on masseurs? Haven't been since lock down and aren't familiar with the guys!

Question for those that have been to Spa 27. If you’re a walk-in, do they pair you with a masseur at random or do they give you a choice? Just curious.

From what I understand and several of their staff have explained to me, they have their own turn system for walk ins. So if you show up without appt and you wanna ask for someone specifically who’s available, that’s cool. Otherwise, they don’t really come around and strut for you to pick. Which is more than okay, for me.

Went to Babylon last week, the new guy is Asian/beefy, playful with strong massage skills. Tipped well, clearly not the same spa, limited English, now caters to tourist crowd.

Babylon's Dylan is retired, call or text ahead for male to male service.

I went to King Spa in NJ for the first time on Saturday. Just did the general admission. Sauna and steam room were open as were the tubs. Some nice eye candy but nothing more at least when I was there.  Did not get a massage but spoke to someone who did and said it was pretty good for the price. I’m gonna go for one next time. I also think the shuttle from Manhattan is operating. 

31 minutes ago, Lawkid3889 said:

I went to King Spa in NJ for the first time on Saturday. Just did the general admission. Sauna and steam room were open as were the tubs. Some nice eye candy but nothing more at least when I was there.  Did not get a massage but spoke to someone who did and said it was pretty good for the price. I’m gonna go for one next time. I also think the shuttle from Manhattan is operating. 

How did they make the tubs and steam room work? They only require masks on the main floor?

3 hours ago, Lawkid3889 said:

Thank you for the current info, because I wanted to pay them another visit but I wanted to be sure the sauna & steam room are open.

11 hours ago, Chad Constantine said:

How did they make the tubs and steam room work? They only require masks on the main floor?

I wore a mask when I entered and when I changed but when I got into the tub area there was no one wearing masks. I ended up going back to my locker and putting it back (I am fully vaccinated and have been for weeks). The employees were masked.  I did go to the other floors to use the salt and ice rooms and I wore my mask as did everyone else I saw there. 

There is supposed to be a 3 person limit in the sauna/spa but that rule was not being enforced. No one also told me to wear my mask in the tub room.