Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

I might have to try this "Energy men spa" place out soon, since it's near where I work. Anyone that wants to share their experiences @ ENERGY, please feel free to PM me. In return, I can offer details on my recent experiences at nearby "Living Fresh Men's spa"

Are these men's spas open and doing business now or just "special appointments" while they are still officially closed. I thought spas couldn't open up until either under the next Phase 2 or later?

Are these men's spas open and doing business now or just "special appointments" while they are still officially closed. I thought spas couldn't open up until either under the next Phase 2 or later?

To my knowledge, they’re not open but I’ve seen posts and heard from people, saying that certain spas are open by “appointment only”.

Guest fm0322

has anyone heard of any spas planning to reopen and when?

I chatted with the owner of Shangrila and he said July 20. Damn! I was hoping it was a typo and he meant JuNE but no such luck

Is the guy on TSMS’s Facebook page - the one on the lounge chair and the one in the tub - an e

I haven’t been to TSMS in a long time. Jimmy is gone. Last time I had Adam. Is he still there?

Going this this thread, here’s a synopsis. Who’s still there besides Jason?

Jason: Latino ok massage. No real technique but relaxing

Alvin: attentive to details, great technique, right amount of pressure, cute, pleasant, not very sensual

Alan: Great muscles, firm pressure, gorgeous smile.

Phillip: goes very deep, technique needs work. Very sensual, very nice guy.

Adam: Asian. Ask strong, get strong with great technique, unique stretching and accoutrements.

Michael: Comfortable, great massage, good sensual, strong massage.

Charlie: Thai, muscular, interactive

Parle: good massage, very playful.

Tom: does some weird thing laying on/next to me, massage was alright

Is the guy on TSMS’s Facebook page - the one on the lounge chair and the one in the tub - an actual massage therapist?

I believe that spas and massage parlors in NYC will reopen in Phase 3,which I assume will be in a few weeks.

I would expect an email from one of the spas where I was a regular, telling me that they're reopening -- if and when they do, which I hope they will. I was a customer on their last day, March 15, just before NYC was locked down. The owner told me that not only were clients reluctant to come in, but the masseurs didn't want to work, either.

I was taking a risk that day, and so was the masseur. I was fortunate that I wasn't infected, and I have to assume that I didn't transmit anything to him, either.

That's the problem with reopening. I'm absolutely certain that the owner will take every possible precaution regarding

health and safety, but I can never know where the masseur was last night. Was he partying in a crowd of people in a confined indoor space, where no one wore masks? Did he embrace anyone? Kiss him??

Likewise, they don't know where I've been, nor what I did last night. I could infect the whole place.

I recently had an October tour to California cancelled, and they said they hope to schedule it for next year, but it may depend on the availability of a vaccine. I mentioned this to a friend, and he said I would probably have to show proof of vaccination before they would let me on the tour. Maybe before I could get on a plane to California, too?

Welcome to the new normal.

Guest fm0322

@beethoven That's a thoughtful post - thank you. I work part-time in NYC and live in CT where the pandemic has been less prevalent. Still, I've been cautious, tested (negative), and use precautions routinely without being paranoid about it. But, I'm desperate for a massage with one of my regulars. Waiting for vaccination may be a long wait, but that will be useful. Until then, disinfecting, thorough shower, checking temperature, is probably a good plan. I'm ambivalent about the mask. I'm curious if the masseurs I use will come back.

I'll admit I had two massages in the last three weeks from one of my "regulars," at his apartment. I've known him for a long time, and I trust his life style and trust him not to indulge in reckless behavior. He knows that I live the same way, so neither of us expects to transmit anything to the other. We don't wear masks, but we don't kiss, either.

I think it's a question of accepting and managing risk. I go out every day, either for a walk (Riverside Blvd is almost deserted and I don't wear a mask, except when I go into a store) or to go shopping. I have a friend in the next building who will absolutely not leave his apartment. I had suggested that we get takeout from a local restaurant and sit six feet apart on a bench in Central Park, eating and talking. No dice. Perhaps he thinks I'm living dangerously?

You may think I shouldn't get a massage from my "regular." Perhaps not You may think it's OK for me to go back to that spa when it reopens. I think the first is OK (obviously), but I'm not at all sure about the second. Everyone sets his own parameters. And everyone hopes this scourge will end soon!

@beethoven That's a thoughtful post - thank you. I work part-time in NYC and live in CT where the pandemic has been less prevalent. Still, I've been cautious, tested (negative), and use precautions routinely without being paranoid about it. But, I'm desperate for a massage with one of my regulars. Waiting for vaccination may be a long wait, but that will be useful. Until then, disinfecting, thorough shower, checking temperature, is probably a good plan. I'm ambivalent about the mask. I'm curious if the masseurs I use will come back.

I'm with you @fm0322. I'm getting close to making a decision about a massage. I've vowed to be the first client on the massage table of one of my most cautious regulars. The only real risk that I feel is breathing the air in close proximity. Taking for granted that the table and linens will be fresh, the masseur will be freshly showered with clean and sanitized hands as I would be. I'm willing to wear a mask while on my back and the masseur may choose to do the same. If there is no kissing or oral type activities -- yes, the new norm --- I don't feel there is such a great risk in getting a massage.

There is a few but it's totally different this two what kind are you looking

Like just a place to see naked men gay and or straight something like a locker room with sauna. Steam room. Just a nice place to see different types of men naked