Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Some spas, such as Utopia and Shangrila, have closed for the duration. Xiao told me that the masseurs didn't want to come and just sit around, as business had fallen off. I suppose some will remain open, unless ordered to close. Some movie theaters closed voluntarily, and I suppose the new regulations announced by Gov Cuomo and Mayor DeBlasio, will close the rest of the movie theaters.

i saw a hot guy at 27. looked spanish or italian. i only saw him once real fast while i was leaving and once when I walked in. I dont know his name but I know hes not Yura,Ahmed,shane,kenan,mike,jerry,ben,. he looked fit in good shape, tan dark skin, about 5'8 dark hair, built anybody know who im talking about?

i saw a hot guy at 27. looked spanish or italian. i only saw him once real fast while i was leaving and once when I walked in. I dont know his name but I know hes not Yura,Ahmed,shane,kenan,mike,jerry,ben,. he looked fit in good shape, tan dark skin, about 5'8 dark hair, built anybody know who im talking about?

Sounds like you saw Antonio at 27.

He is Spanish. Nice guy.

Guest fm0322

To be fair, the virus threat is real irrespective of the location. No doubt this is tough on all businesses. The persons at risk are not the clients but the masseurs. As much as I hate to do it, I'm respecting the caution to avoid public spaces for awhile. For me, it's really deprivation, but I believe that staying healthy means I need to limit contacts and do my best to protect others. I know that this will pass!

Why do you think clients are not equally at risk?

If anything masseurs would most likely be asymptomatic, mildly symptomatic, or/and at the very least only 0.2% would seriously ill considering they all appear to be less than 39. Clients that are still hiring, I would assume majority are over 39, would be at higher risk with anywhere from a .4% to 15% lethality rate. I am just assuming but he must mean that if they dont go see the masseurs than their risk is very low.

I would also assume most masseurs see multiple clients per day, but most clients only see a masseur once a week, once a month, or less.

Uhhh... it has nothing to do with the masseur to client ratio or visa versa. It all about how many humans another human is in contact with. We’re all equally at risk as I see it.

Do we think any of the spas will shut down permanently? Also when do we think some will reopen :)

I would expect huge impact on business. These spas survive based on everyday's income.I do not see things go normal atleast in next 1 month. Even after 1 month I would not expect business going normal.

Uhhh... it has nothing to do with the masseur to client ratio or visa versa. It all about how many humans another human is in contact with. We’re all equally at risk as I see it.

Really not 100% true.How do you know the massage table you use 100% synthesized. I do not think they ever do. Bigger problem is, you keep your head down. So you touch your face , nose, eyes with the area everyone would have touched with same part of the body. very high chances of getting risk.

I don't own a small business, but I read every day how many of them, such as a spa, operate on a financial precipice.. One restaurant consultant was quoted, "Tonight's receipts are tomorrow's payroll."

Sad to say, but I think that unless a spa owner has deep pockets, he may not be able to survive a prolonged closing. What's prolonged? The Metropolitan Museum of Art has stated publicly that it expects to be closed until July. The Met also said that their best epidemiological advice is that this will peak in the US in May.

I would expect huge impact on business. These spas survive based on everyday's income.I do not see things go normal atleast in next 1 month. Even after 1 month I would not expect business going normal.

Some of these private guys will survive . Spas might survive but the guys who work there will be hit hard since they dont have their own places to bring clients