Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

A few words about Utopia, always one of my favorites.

First, I have had good massages from Alex, but he shorted me on the time on my last visit. YOU SHOULD COMPLAIN TO MANAGEMENT, as I did. I didn't pursue it beyond the email complaint to Xiao, but he did reply. (I thought he should have offered me a free 30 minutes, though he did not, which annoyed me.

There might have been a misunderstanding on Alex's part, so I didn't get that upset.)

I have never been shortchanged at Utopia, except for that one time, and I really doubt that they make a habit of that. It's a poor way to stay in business, and Xiao and Mark try hard to take care of their customers.

Utopia's management used to read these posts in The Spa. I don't know if they still do, but I have learned not to say things about the masseurs that I would not want management to know -- such as expanding the sensual envelope. If a client has been shortchanged, Xiao might learn about it here, but if you have a complaint, you should email him or Mark.

Someone said here yesterday that Utopia has been sold. News to me; are you sure? How about their other spa, Shangri-la?

About Times Square and their video cameras: No one said that the interiors of the rooms are shown WHEN THERY ARE OCCUPIED! Maybe you're getting upset over nothing? I can't imagine they would have any customers if they showed clients getting massages! Of course, it's not comforting to know that they could do that.

But I've never been there, so I'll stay out of this controversy. But, don't make a mountain out of a molehill. Just saying.....

About Times Square and their video cameras: No one said that the interiors of the rooms are shown WHEN THERY ARE OCCUPIED! Maybe you're getting upset over nothing? I can't imagine they would have any customers if they showed clients getting massages! Of course, it's not comforting to know that they could do that.

But I've never been there, so I'll stay out of this controversy. But, don't make a mountain out of a molehill. Just saying.....

Cameras inside any private massage room is a complete violation of privacy. Most camera systems don’t easily have an on and off function, but simply have a steady (and saved) recording for playback at any time. Hope someone is able to get to the bottom of this.

Cameras inside any private massage room is a complete violation of privacy. Most camera systems don’t easily have an on and off function, but simply have a steady (and saved) recording for playback at any time. Hope someone is able to get to the bottom of this.

That’s just not true. I don’t think it’s a good idea what they’ve done but your assertion is ridiculously wrong.

Whether they’re on or off, cameras in the massage room are a mountain for me. They never responded to my email.

Please report back if you hear anything!

this is really unfortunate as this was the only place other than shangrila that i’ve gone to this year but since hearing about the cameras (which i’ve honestly tried looking behind mirrors a few times) has really rubbed me the wrong way.

That’s just not true. I don’t think it’s a good idea what they’ve done but your assertion is ridiculously wrong.

Depending on who installed the cameras and for what intent, it’s not ridiculous. I do work for an art foundation based in NYC. Their exhibition space in Arles, France has cameras through out the facility. Some stream continuously to cloud-based files and others are triggered on by movement during off hours. I actually get email alerts with pic snaps when there is movement in specific offices. The security desk has zero control over the cameras. I’m able to look at the streams as well as go live.

Thus my concern by the TSQ situation.

Edited by EVdude

That's a violation of privacy pretty much the same reason they don't have cameras in bathrooms, locker rooms, and changing rooms. The fact that you don't know if a cameram is turned on or off is beside the point and not reassuring.

A few words about Utopia, always one of my favorites.

First, I have had good massages from Alex, but he shorted me on the time on my last visit. YOU SHOULD COMPLAIN TO MANAGEMENT, as I did. I didn't pursue it beyond the email complaint to Xiao, but he did reply. (I thought he should have offered me a free 30 minutes, though he did not, which annoyed me.

There might have been a misunderstanding on Alex's part, so I didn't get that upset.)

I have never been shortchanged at Utopia, except for that one time, and I really doubt that they make a habit of that. It's a poor way to stay in business, and Xiao and Mark try hard to take care of their customers.

Utopia's management used to read these posts in The Spa. I don't know if they still do, but I have learned not to say things about the masseurs that I would not want management to know -- such as expanding the sensual envelope. If a client has been shortchanged, Xiao might learn about it here, but if you have a complaint, you should email him or Mark.

Someone said here yesterday that Utopia has been sold. News to me; are you sure? How about their other spa, Shangri-la?

Victor shorted me too. He also was not good. Not sure why others like him.

I walked in last week looking for Jason and noted that there was a bank of video screens showing interior views of the rooms. I walked out.

I don’t believe this. There aren’t any cameras in the TSMS rooms. They would never do that.

This newbie is just some competitor who found a clever way to lie about them so that us clients come to his spa instead of TSMS.

I have had a 4 year massage relationship with Jimmy, the manager, and I would trust him with my life.

Don’t believe this guy.

Edited by Tarte Gogo

I spoke directly with Time Square Men’s Spa they DO NOT have cameras in the massage rooms. They do have video screens with cameras but only of the exterior of the store and the lobby/check in area (as does any business).

You are Right Bri, I walked in Time Square Men Spa this Afternoon and asked to speak to the Owner/ Manager about the Videos in the Rooms and he took me around and in the Rooms, As it was not busy and told me there was no videos in Rooms. He said he cares about his customers Privacy and he would never violate any Rules. He said they do have Video Screens and CCTV but for outside coming down the steps and the entrance hallway only. I was then Comfortable and had a great massage with Michael. He always gives a good sensual, Strong massage.TSMS has good Masseurs, All are very friendly and Nice and the Spa is very clean, Also love their Christmas ? tree well decorated in the hallway.

You are Right Bri, I walked in Time Square Men Spa this Afternoon and asked to speak to the Owner/ Manager about the Videos in the Rooms and he took me around and in the Rooms, As it was not busy and told me there was no videos in Rooms. He said he cares about his customers Privacy and he would never violate any Rules. He said they do have Video Screens and CCTV but for outside coming down the steps and the entrance hallway only. I was then Comfortable and had a great massage with Michael. He always gives a good sensual, Strong massage.TSMS has good Masseurs, All are very friendly and Nice and the Spa is very clean, Also love their Christmas ? tree well decorated in the hallway.

Excellent, thank you for the follow up!

Yep. That’s him. In my 3-4 years of doing mfm spas, he’s hands-down among one of my top 5 masseurs. My sessions with him were alwys off-the-chart when he was with Super Mens. Ridiculously amazing session.

That said, i suppose his energy might be inconsistent at times, as a few members here commented that they were underwhelmed and he lacked interest. As always, and with every masseur....your mileage may vary.

yep. ragin is just my type, but zero the first time. i gave him a second go... was a bit better but not much to report. weird. he's been my only true disappointment. he just ain't into me, i guess. lol.

I’ve only been to TSMS once but was wondering about the TVs in the rooms and if they have cameras built in.

TSMS responded back to me....

On Saturday, December 7, 2019, 12:07 AM, time square <xxxxxxx@xxxxxx.com> wrote:

Hi

Sorry about that ur question late.

We do have cctv camera for only outside and lobby.

No cctv in the room.

No cctv in the room.

Thanks you very much and see you again

Time square men spa family