Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

I’m sure it’s just me but I have a difficult time enjoying a table scrub. I’ve had many and I like being free of lotion, oil, and other fluids after a massage. However, I feel weird with someone giving me a shower (note it’s a turn on when the other person is naked and showering too). My most experience was at Shangrila: a nice space, water temp was perfect, and a super nice masseur. But having him scrub me, rinse me, and dry me off was not enjoyable at all.

Definitely a TEHO situation, and I had the same feeling @fm0322 after my first few. Since I like to get massages right after work, most of my scrubs are before the massage to ensure I’m clean an fresh. But now I look forward to them and really enjoy most. And along with clean and fresh, it’s a nice ice breaker with the masseur.

Hey guys, just booked a trip to NYC. The scene here in Chicago is really lacking in massage places like this, so I would really like to try when I get out there. From reading this thread (all the way through!) I really like the sound of Time's Square (Adam, Jimmy) and Shangrila (Rodrigo, Jorge, Sam, and Patrick). I'm mainly into smoother guys, a good massage but definitely looking for the sensual elements too. If anybody could PM me with details on any of these guys, letting me know if you think they would fit the bill. Will be in New York for 5 nights, so can fit in a couple of guys this trip! Thanks in advance for any info/suggestions!

Hey guys, just booked a trip to NYC. The scene here in Chicago is really lacking in massage places like this, so I would really like to try when I get out there. From reading this thread (all the way through!) I really like the sound of Time's Square (Adam, Jimmy) and Shangrila (Rodrigo, Jorge, Sam, and Patrick). I'm mainly into smoother guys, a good massage but definitely looking for the sensual elements too. If anybody could PM me with details on any of these guys, letting me know if you think they would fit the bill. Will be in New York for 5 nights, so can fit in a couple of guys this trip! Thanks in advance for any info/suggestions!

Patrick at Shangrila is a great choice.

New Hero is Manta reinvented. They have made extensive upgrades in the space. Probably more could be made, but the rooms are redecorated, the bathroom replaced, and the old staircase up to the space is redone. I only use one masseur there but there are all new faces that I have seen. They have some good discounts and they offer 30 minutes free after 7 visits. The location is not the best for me, but after suffering through Manta, it is a nice change. Definitely worth a visit, IMHO

Any deets any this one New Hero masseur?

He’s Andy. I’ve seen Andy for years -

through 4 different spas - until he landed at Manta. He’s a tall Asian guy who has great massage skills. His language skills are not great but he is respectful and I like his massage skills very much. I’m a quiet, conservative, older guy and he seems to be a good match for me. He’s worth a try.

New Hero is Manta reinvented. They have made extensive upgrades in the space. Probably more could be made, but the rooms are redecorated, the bathroom replaced, and the old staircase up to the space is redone. I only use one masseur there but there are all new faces that I have seen. They have some good discounts and they offer 30 minutes free after 7 visits. The location is not the best for me, but after suffering through Manta, it is a nice change. Definitely worth a visit, IMHO

May I ask who is the one masseur you use at the new hero I haven’t been there “Manta “ in years

@fm0322 did your Andy at New Hero ever try an upsell or suggest a certain size tip?

No. But I know the management at some spas require their workers to up sell. I have a good friend who was a masseur and he told me about the practice.

I have seen Andy for years, with some interruptions, and I tip big anyway. I expect he knows that well and sees no point in up-selling. I have had a few experiences with up-selling. My response is always “no” but I never hold it against the masseur.

I just had a great experience with Rodrigo at Shangrila . He is very good at sport massage and has a very sweet personality . I didn’t realized how tall he was until I turned over . I suspected as much just from the feel of the size of his hands . Great chap . Very relaxing . He also convinced me to try the scrub shower which was more comfy than the one at utopia except I had to walk through the entire spa to get there but not a big deal because they gave me a robe.

He’s Andy. I’ve seen Andy for years -

through 4 different spas - until he landed at Manta. He’s a tall Asian guy who has great massage skills.

Was Andy at Utopia a little more than a year ago? There was a tall Andy there that I really enjoyed. If it’s him, thumbs up.

I just had a great experience with Rodrigo at Shangrila . He is very good at sport massage and has a very sweet personality . I didn’t realized how tall he was until I turned over . I suspected as much just from the feel of the size of his hands . Great chap . Very relaxing . He also convinced me to try the scrub shower which was more comfy than the one at utopia except I had to walk through the entire spa to get there but not a big deal because they gave me a robe.

Question did you have the table scribe after the massage ? At hey man I had the tube scrub before so I alway need another shower to wash off the oil

Was Andy at Utopia a little more than a year ago? There was a tall Andy there that I really enjoyed. If it’s him, thumbs up.

YES. Def Andy from Utopia. I would see him more often than I do but I commute through GC and Shangrila is much more convenient.

I like Andy and his massage skills very much. Asking for tips and up-selling have never been an issue. When I have encountered up-selling with other masseirs, I have told them I give a generous tip so please don’t ask me about other services.