Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Did a scrub/massage combo yesterday with Raphael at 27 Spa. Truly the most charming personable spa masseur I’ve ever had. Don’t usually like much discussion during sessions but with him engaging was interesting and effortless. Queens-raised Latino, said he hangs mostly with trans guys, leading me to believe the earlier discussion that he is trans. Pretty amazing given his muscular body, low voice and all over masc look. He’s been doing massage for less than a year but a good overall technical session. Needs work in the sensuality department but his presence went some way to make up for that. Departed happy.

Has anyone gone to the soft-opening of Ktown sauna?

Ktown is open. Only one steam room works. They made the three hot tubs into one. They have a huge “deck” where the others were. They flipped the door to the steam room around. I think they made a big mistake. They raised the price to $50 instead of $40. Still has potential. I think the west side YMCA is good. Sauna. Steam room. Open shower. You get 3 free visits a year. Then it’s $25 for a day pass

Ktown is open. Only one steam room works. They made the three hot tubs into one. They have a huge “deck” where the others were. They flipped the door to the steam room around. I think they made a big mistake. They raised the price to $50 instead of $40. Still has potential. I think the west side YMCA is good. Sauna. Steam room. Open shower. You get 3 free visits a year. Then it’s $25 for a day pass

What do you mean by 'flipped the door around' and they made a mistake? I've never been there so don't know what this means...

Any action at YMCA

Yes, but you have to be very careful considering that it's a legit YMCA (so there are straight guys and minors using the locker room). You don't want to get into an uncomfortable situation if the wrong person comes around the corner while you're doing your thing...so discretion is important. Also, the crowd looking for play tends to be older, so the place probably won't be your cup of tea if you're looking for younger guys (or cleanliness because the locker room is grimy).

How was it would you go back?

What do you mean by 'flipped the door around' and they made a mistake? I've never been there so don't know what this means...

lol, if facing the steam room the glass door was on the right and the glass wall was on the left. now the door in on left and wall on the right. they switched sides

My husband and I have our 5 year wedding anniversary (13th year together) in October and I’m considering splurging on a spa day. I’m thinking of going all out and indulging in a day at Aire Ancient Baths - does anyone have any experience with that place or any other suggestions? I wouldn’t mind going to utopia for a massage and scrub but he needs a genuine therapeutic massage and we don’t need to be in the same room during the massage.

Had Adam. The massage was phenomenal. I asked for strong and he delivered. He stretches you, uses his knees, elbows, feet. He puts his whole body into it. It felt amazing.

I agree with King hunter, Adam gives an amazing massage, He is a good Addition

to the great team of Jimmy, Michael, Philip, Alven & Park at Time Square Men’s Spa.

Good Location, Clean Spa, Great Team.

My husband and I have our 5 year wedding anniversary (13th year together) in October and I’m considering splurging on a spa day. I’m thinking of going all out and indulging in a day at Aire Ancient Baths - does anyone have any experience with that place or any other suggestions? I wouldn’t mind going to utopia for a massage and scrub but he needs a genuine therapeutic massage and we don’t need to be in the same room during the massage.

Wow never heard of this place. Hope someone will give some feedback if it’s worth it! Very interesting

i absolutely love sojo spa in nj. it's a hotel too. super nice rooms. and the have a shuttle from manhattan

Wow never heard of this place. Hope someone will give some feedback if it’s worth it! Very interesting

It’s a high end luxury spa with locations in select global cities. I heard about it a few years ago because my fancy celeb ex-boss had me make a booking for sister and her