Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

I went to Green House twice - liked the spa and had 1 fantastic experience and 1 bad. The good experience was a sort of hunky/stalky asian guy who was very sweet. The bad experience was a super thin young guy who basically wanted to penetrate immediately. It was such a turn off. Like I said, very sensual but not pressuring for something to happen is my style.

Sounds like the first good experience was with Tony. Not sure who the super thin young guy is....

I went to Green House twice - liked the spa and had 1 fantastic experience and 1 bad. The good experience was a sort of hunky/stalky asian guy who was very sweet. The bad experience was a super thin young guy who basically wanted to penetrate immediately. It was such a turn off. Like I said, very sensual but not pressuring for something to happen is my style.

Sounds like the first good experience was with Tony. Not sure who the super thin young guy is....

I will go back and try asking for Tony or making an appt with him. Is Tony's massage sensual throughout? Does he undress? Would be interested in any and all details. Thank you!

Edited by DirtyHarry

I will go back and try asking for Tony or making an appt with him. Is Tony's massage sensual throughout? Does he undress? Would be interested in any and all details. Thank you!

Edited by DirtyHarry

Edited by DirtyHarry

I’ve tried searching the forum for the answer to this but have been unsuccessful. Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the guys at East Men Spa? Mostly just looks...any non-Asian options? Thanks in advance!

I’ve tried searching the forum for the answer to this but have been unsuccessful. Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the guys at East Men Spa? Mostly just looks...any non-Asian options? Thanks in advance!

Haven’t been as it’s a revolving door there with therapists. Also it’s a pretty crappy spa. Is the location the reason you want to go? Because there are so many better options with variety around the city.

East Men was initially good after it was spruced up some years back, but it’s pretty run down again. The only reason I go is for Leo who manages the place. He had gone back to China for a while but texted me a few weeks ago that he’s returned. Leo, older Asian relatively tall, gives a solid strong massage and can go real deep if you tell him to. I don’t know the other guys there now.

Went to 27 Spa yesterday since I was near Penn and had time to kill. Had a relatively tall white guy (without glasses) who had an accent that I couldn’t place. I don’t know if it was Yura or Ahmed, but I don’t think it was Mike only because I couldn’t hear his name when he told me twice and by that point I was like “I’m not asking this poor guy to keep repeating his name all day, it’s not that important.”

Anyway, not a great experience, bordering on bad.

I will say this to all masseurs who read here: LISTEN to your customers, both verbally and body language! If I’m pulling my arm or leg away from you and grunting because it hurts, don’t keep doing whatever you’re doing! Especially when I asked for light touch at the beginning and throughout. The finish was completely and overwhelmingly mechanical and a glove was involved. A glove!

Went to 27 Spa yesterday since I was near Penn and had time to kill. Had a relatively tall white guy (without glasses) who had an accent that I couldn’t place. I don’t know if it was Yura or Ahmed, but I don’t think it was Mike only because I couldn’t hear his name when he told me twice and by that point I was like “I’m not asking this poor guy to keep repeating his name all day, it’s not that important.”

I will say this to all masseurs who read here: LISTEN to your customers, both verbally and body language! If I’m pulling my arm or leg away from you and grunting because it hurts, don’t keep doing whatever you’re doing! Especially when I asked for light touch at the beginning and throughout. The finish was completely and overwhelmingly mechanical and a glove was involved. A glove!

Mike is Latino and Ahmed is middle eastern.

You likely had Yura.

I pray for a glove!

Guest fm0322
Walked by old Manta and all the letters are ripped off. There's a plastic sign hung up saying 'New Hero' with the old SPA letters remaining.

My regular masseur works at Manta and told me a few weeks back there will be a new owner and new name. I've posted before that Manta was in great need of a makeover and it may happen. No doubt the "new owner" is new to this spa only.

My regular masseur works at Manta and told me a few weeks back there will be a new owner and new name. I've posted before that Manta was in great need of a makeover and it may happen. No doubt the "new owner" is new to this spa only.

Looks like the person from Energy Spa took it over. I've never been as it looked like it had been closed for years.

I'll be curious to see if they make any changes.

Sounds like either Yura (Russian from the Asian part), or maybe Mussa (sp) who is youngish Egyptian/Italian (IF he’s still there).

I’m inclined to suspect the former. Some of his techniques were kinda painful and with every “whoa!” And “ouch!” I uttered, his only response was “I’m sorry” (as he continued anyway.). I should’ve reminded him that this is not a physical therapy session; chill with extreme leg stretching dude.