Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Went to Shangrila for the first time yesterday and it was a good experience. Definitely more upscale and beautiful than utopia but for some reason, I do still prefer Utopia. Maybe I’m just more familiar with utopia and I prefer a longer table shower. Some of the same masseurs work at both utopia and Shangrila. I would much prefer to pay less for the service and tip the masseuse more.

Edited by Novice observer

Hi guys - never knew about the NYC spa scene until now! I read through this entire thread and now I'm thinking of visiting 27 spa when I'm in NYC in a couple weeks. Is "Chris" still working there? He seems very well-reputed, at least here. How old, roughly, is Chris? Love young, hot, Asian masseurs, haha.

Hi guys - never knew about the NYC spa scene until now! I read through this entire thread and now I'm thinking of visiting 27 spa when I'm in NYC in a couple weeks. Is "Chris" still working there? He seems very well-reputed, at least here. How old, roughly, is Chris? Love young, hot, Asian masseurs, haha.

I agree with @beethoven, try shangrila, utopia, or even Times Square Spa. I’ve had an amazing massage with robin and Adam at TSQ men spa.

If you do go to Spa 27- check our Jerry. He’s junped around but last I read, he’s at Spa 27.

Chris is not at 27 Spa any longer, nor is Ryan. Seems like a lot has changed there recently, as I was told Ben is not doing massage now , only managing..

I had a new Asian guy whose name I don’t recall because it was really not good, unmemorable

Guest fm0322

I don't rate a masseur until the third massage. I think it takes time to establish a relationship and for the masseur to know me. I have had many massages with Andy (Manta) and he's great for me although Manta is sketchy. I've had two massages with Patrick (Shangrila) and so far he's amazing and probably my go-to masseur.

it's been awhile since i've been to babylon. anyone go recently? i always enjoyed dylan.

Also curious about Babylon, it’s been awhile but last time I was there I had Jasper and he did an exceptional job.

Ive been going to time square men’s spa and have been thinking about going to Babylon or trying out shangrila.

I just came out of Shangrila . This was my first time and I was welcomed in by a very polite Thai guy I can’t remember his name maybe Patrick ? Anyway he was bringing me into a room next to the waiting area when I saw a well built taller than average Chinese guy called William. I couldn’t help myself and asked the Thai guy if I could switch and he very nicely obliged. Well that was a mistake . The massage was way too soft even though I told him he could be more aggressive . William was very nice and polite and he does give a decent technical soft massage but he lacks all the sensual relaxing elements I expected . He was just nice and cute but nothing else . Very disappointing from a guy that looks so athletic and strong . I even extended the massage to 90 minutes to give him a chance. Next time I’ll try someone else for sure . On my way out I paid Xiao who is also running utopia . By the way this spa is beautiful and clean . Very nice place. I got the membership of course . I guess I expected more . After all it did cost me 200$ by the time I was done .

I just had to stop by yeah man to get a heavy duty massage to exorcise the previous one . Was I lucky . This time I got Charlie who is Thai and gives a very energetic massage . He was literally sliding with his forearms from top to bottom and I left feeling like a soft noodle . Just what I needed . Charlie is not as technical as Chen but he really does his best to please and has a great personality . He is about 5’7” and very atletic.