Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

I’m thinking of taking a ride in to Shangrila today. Can anyone PM with Rodrigo’s details? I don’t mind not getting him specifically, but is there a good mix of non-Asian guys there to get?

I only don’t want an Asian guy because the last numerous massages I have gone to have been Asian and I would like a change.

Thanks.

Edited by Cruiser7

Just had Chen the other day at yeah man spa . He is as usual an incredible masseur and he even walked on my back to release knots I didn’t know I had . Great finishing and he really aims to please . Very nice guy . Definitely the best at yeah man and one of my absolute favorites in NYC . Plus the prices are very competitive so make sure you tip well !!!

Just had Chen the other day at yeah man spa . He is as usual an incredible masseur and he even walked on my back to release knots I didn’t know I had . Great finishing and he really aims to please . Very nice guy . Definitely the best at yeah man and one of my absolute favorites in NYC . Plus the prices are very competitive so make sure you tip well !!!

i agree. i walked into yeah man a few months ago, not knowing what to expect and with no expectations. had a pleasant experience with an older (early 40s?) masseur, but i don't know his name. was a great, relaxing, and sensual experience. would definitely go back.

Yes, Chen is the best. Unfortunately can’t say that about the facility he works in. But I keep going back,

My friend and I decided to try out Why Not Men’s Spa today. Who would you guys recommend? We want a good professional massage. The only requirement? Asking for tips in the massage is something we try to avoid because we don’t usually handle well in that situation.

2 therapist working at east men spa today.

massage skills: 1/5

cleanliness: 3/5

ambience: 2/5 {no relaxing music}

looks: 1/5

Physique: nothing special

politeness:1/5

rudeness: 5/5

I was in the area, on my way home, I pass by a familiar street, Lo and behold, I saw the place again, east men spa. It reminds me of the good ole days where the therapists provide quality massage and good looking too. It’s been a long time I haven’t been there. By the way, I have a “membership card” so to speak and I’m really good in giving tips, if not, at least fair.

I called them up, the guy told me, massage is 35 dollars for 1 hour before 430 pm. I tried to clarify it again coz the guy don’t speak clear english. He said... 35 as in 3..5.. dollars and 66 dollars for a massage and table shower. It’s unusual rate and I thought it’s a promotion, So I said to myself, why not, it’s a great deal. Yahoo, I think I got the jackpot.

I asked for my regular masseurs, none of them works there anymore but the guy told me there are new asian therapists working there now. I thought that I should give it a try.

I went there, disappointed coz only 2 of them were there. I don’t have a choice, if given the chance, I could have just get the Waiter from that Thai restaurant downstairs and ask if he could do me a massage instead, I think it would be a good idea. Lol

The spa is literally EMPTY. But, because I’m only for a relaxation massage, and it’s only 35 dollars, why not?

The massage is not really a massage. It’s just like rubbing oil on my back, pressure is not even close to a lady therapist’s way of massage.

I was about to walk out, but, since I’m already on the massage table and on my birthday suit, I just let it go. There was no rapport at all through out the session. He skip a lot of areas such as arms, neck, head and feet.

He attempted to do “extra”. Touching here and there and everywhere without my consent. I never responded and Masseurs should understand that It means NO. I told him to stop. Glad he did.

After the session, I went on to pay, the second guy was in the counter, my masseur was standing behind me. He charged me 55 dollars instead of the 35 dollars that they told me earlier. I even told them I have a member ID. They seems don’t know. Maybe it’s a miscommunication, just maybe, but, No appology received from them. Nothing! nada! Nil! Zilch, void!

I gave my masseur a tip - 10 usd, I think it is a decent tip, at the very least. Instead of thank you, they blurted out, laughing so hard in my face! I ask them, are you laughing about the tip I gave, what’s wrong with it? they laugh again and then said NO. Why should I have to give my masseur more tip?

Does he even file his income tax?Lol. Kidding.

I am very much aware that the owner of the spa is a follower of the forum. You can message me here in private. Please properly orient your masseurs to go back to the basic rule, to be polite to customers specially your regular clients. Skills can be learned but great attitude can “move mountain”.

Am I going to return? Maybe, but, close to NOT anymore. NOT recommended!

Friends, men spas are sprouting like mushrooms in the city. I’m talking about quality massage, polite and good looking therapist.

Much love and happy hunting!

First time experiences can be weird. Look forward to your next review!!

TBH I only went to a spa because my regular masseur was out of town.

My primary goal when paying for a massage is bodywork, sensuality is secondary, and HE is purely a bonus.

My regular guy who comes home is far more affordable and adaptable to our requirements - I usually pay around $120-140 for 2x90min sessions for my husband and me - but this is a friends rate since I’ve known him for 3 years now

His technique is good and deep (he was a student of a reputable institution)

Went to Times Square Spa last week. Saw three Asian guys in their twenties in the lobby when I entered. Clean and new looking spa but no showers available. Got a massage from Adam. His massage is on the deeper side and he does some intense stretching. Added some sensual elements. He has to leave the room three times which was awkward, twice to get hot towels. Not sure if I will be back. PM if interested in more details.

Just got back from another very happy massage with Victor at Utopia. It's just an incredible afternoon to have that humpy Russian guy work those huge hands all over you. Great pressure and deep tissue. I left very happy. And as someone mentioned, there is a very cute middle eastern guy working there now. Didn't get the name but strikingly handsome