Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

You lay down on a table and your masseur scrubs you both sides and then washes you. The scrubbing is supposed to make your skin feel smooth.

Yes, you have to ask for it.

It can be 30 minute table shower + 60 minutes massage, or 30/30, or whatever. The table shower can be before the massage, which my preference, since the masseur knows that I am clean during the massage (he just cleaned me himself) so he is comfortable putting his fingers, or even his tongue, in certain places which I enjoy, or after the massage, which is very efficient at removing the oil.

If the table shower room is not being used, walk-in is not a problem.

Has anyone had a real body exfoliation or scrub service? Like the Korean salt scrubs at spa castle. I was thinking of getting the one at living fresh.

Has anyone had a real body exfoliation or scrub service? Like the Korean salt scrubs at spa castle. I was thinking of getting the one at living fresh.

I got a salt scrub at 27 Men Spa once. Didn't ask for it, just asked for a table shower and apparently it was included.

Went to Babylon and had a wonderful massage by Dylan (of course), but then he offered me his NEW table shower. The former capsule shower wasn't great because you had to step into a bathtub height capsule. Now the whole room is tiled, and the table shower was WONDERFUL, I was surprised that Dylan wasn't even wet after the table shower was finished. He rinsed me, soaped me up, used bath salt and scrubbed away, then rinsed me off, shampooed my hair top and to bottom, and rinsed again. Soapy HE too.

Went to Utopia today for my first NYC spa experience (I usually have a masseur who comes home) - had Alex. The massage was okay.... didn’t even ask me to flip or work on my front at all. The table shower was much better and thorough. I also feel like it was shorter than it was supposed to be.

Went to Utopia today for my first NYC spa experience (I usually have a masseur who comes home) - had Alex. The massage was okay.... didn’t even ask me to flip or work on my front at all. The table shower was much better and thorough. I also feel like it was shorter than it was supposed to be.

Had the same experience. I like Alex and a few other guys at Utopia. But most of the time, the session ends before what we asked for. Don’t know how to complain when it’s only 10 mins early but it still feels like you should get that 10 mins more.

I've been going to Utopia since it opened; obviously, I like it a lot. The last two times, with two different masseurs -- who were both excellent, btw -- the massages lasted 50 minutes. Perhaps that's their new policy?

I didn't ask but if mcskill wants to complain, or merely to ask or to comment, management is most attentive to clients' requests and comments.

Finally, I'm surprised at Amargrossa's report that Alex didn't even ask him to turn over, nor work on his front at all. That was not my experience. I have never failed to receive a HE at Utopia, or the one time I was at Shangrila, where Alex was my masseur, with a very happy ending!

I've been going to Utopia since it opened; obviously, I like it a lot. The last two times, with two different masseurs -- who were both excellent, btw -- the massages lasted 50 minutes. Perhaps that's their new policy?

I didn't ask but if mcskill wants to complain, or merely to ask or to comment, management is most attentive to clients' requests and comments.

Finally, I'm surprised at Amargrossa's report that Alex didn't even ask him to turn over, nor work on his front at all. That was not my experience. I have never failed to receive a HE at Utopia, or the one time I was at Shangrila, where Alex was my masseur, with a very happy ending!

Yeah I even asked for work on the front of my legs since they’re sore but no dice.... maybe there was a mixed communication. I am not gonna complain as the table shower was more thorough and I left feeling relaxed - he was a nice guy too.

hey, guys. going to try shangrila tomorrow. i like a 90 minute massage that slowly builds to sensual and HE. any recommendations? PM me.

I've only been to a shangrila once so far and had Patrick who is from Thailand and he performed a relaxing Thai/Swedish type message. I can't comment further but other forum members have spoken of other masseurs of various ethnic persuasions working at shagrila.

I’d be interested to know if anyone has input on this. Back in the day of backpage there were a couple places listed but they were pretty bad.

I'm not generally in Flushing for the top quality, do you know any place that's still around? Places in Manhattan have great coverage here, but sometimes you're happy to accept discounted goods! Especially since the available services at the Manhattan places tend to pale in comparison to the straight spas without being a great deal.

Yeah I even asked for work on the front of my legs since they’re sore but no dice.... maybe there was a mixed communication. I am not gonna complain as the table shower was more thorough and I left feeling relaxed - he was a nice guy too.

To add I have been for many massages around the world and always have zero expectations for a HE - the only expectations I have are for good body work. In this instance I made it clear there was work I needed on my legs because I carry a lot of tension in my thighs given my work.

My experience wasn’t bad - it was okay. I’ll definitely go back and be even more vocal about what I want - I prefer to do the table shower after the massage since my logic for doing it after was that it would be better to get the oil off.

Yes, Babylon uses a real body exfoliation and scrub service, try them. before after your massage, or ask for the massage in the shower area.