Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Does Jack help you pick a masseur that fits your taste? I always feel awkward asking who is available because it’s just a list of names of people I don’t know - I’d like to see who they are. Haven’t been to shangrila or utopia yet, but if Jack is accommodating, I could check it out

In Coed spas, they ask you if it’s a male or female therapist that you wanted. If you’re a regular client, you can choose your regular therapist back or they can recommend you as to whoever fits to your liking, in terms of who does best in deep pressure, stretching, reflexology and etc.

In all male spa, you can politely ask who are the therapist available. Usually the owner/receptionist will tell you a little bit of the therapist such as... if they are Latino/Spanish, European, Asian, Middle Eastern/African, Russian and etc.

Most of all Male Spa, the area is not really big and you can see the therapist everywhere. If you see one that fits your liking, ask if he’s available.

Some therapist stay in a designated area. The owner doesn’t want therapist loitering around. You can politely ask the owner/reception for a “go see”, they will be more than happy to call them one by one.

Again, these are just my observation. Just be polite. They know the drill.

Much love and happy hunting.

Feeling like I should give up the all male spa fantasy and return to red door spa and hand and stones. The thought that being comfortable in an all male environment is totally not worthy the efforts. Had Mark at Utopia last night who asked for 100 tip and said the spa charged 80 for an hour. After I said I was told 60, he told me 60 was for 45 minutes, but 45 minutes is not even an option at Utopia. What is wrong with me? How come I only had these kind of awkward experience?

Had Mark at Utopia last night who asked for 100 tip and said the spa charged 80 for an hour. After I said I was told 60, he told me 60 was for 45 minutes, but 45 minutes is not even an option at Utopia.
Mark, tall white guy? That is very disappointing to hear about anyone at Utopia. I wouldn’t hesitate to address it with Xiao. Edited by EVdude

Went to Shangrila and had a great experience. I went with Rodrigo seeing how he was recommended. For those who asked, not the same as Super Men. He was everything that people described - good looking but also very nice and attentive for the massage. Would recommend.

For those who have had Alex or Pedro - was curious how you feel they stacked up comparatively. Will definitely go back to Rodrigo (new favorite) but always like to try something new.

@nusxxx , Welcome to the Forum. Several of us have been to the Time (no “s”) Square Men’s Spa and have requested Robin. Your description does not even come close to matching any of ours. He takes great pride in his massage & it’s very good. In fact, one of the best I’ve had in a long time. Not sure why your 1st post here is to give him a lackluster review. I’ll be returning soon and, once again, requesting him.

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/411-on-time-square-men-spa-w-44st.144657/

Haha fact is fact. Each one of us had variety experiences. Its free forum of opinion & sharing experiences. So,I just want to make sure this forum is not tricky by that therapist (himself) or the location of business with advertising hidden. Its very suspicious to end with "request / book him". It's not your problem. You guys can try but don't you think this replied is suspicious??? Be smart New Yorkers!

I have to say that I had a similar experience there recently. When I gave the same generous tip that I have given the past few times, it was" looked at" as if it was not enough anymore! No words were spoken, but the look said it all. I was a bit put off.....

I stopped going to Hey Man because there was a guy who in the middle of my massage requested a tip amount, so I was not relaxed at all during the session... I have no problem tipping well, but I do have a big problem being asked for, or told about a tip before, during or even after my session if I myself have not asked for anything extra yet.

All.of this occurs. Coz,we are all responsible with it. Once we are generous. Sorry if I said "Greedy" they got spoiled by those big tip then they will looking only for that instead of focusing on quality work (only focusing on expectations). My solution is we need to keep in line about tipping (not over tip).

Had my first visit to Shangrila... it certainly lives up to its name. Warmly greeted by Xiao and Mark. Delivered into the incredible hands of the amazing tall and built Jorge (George). The man knows what deep means. Left with a squeaky clean smile. Best men’s spa in nyc as far as I’m concerned.

Edited by EVdude

I was at Hero recently and I don't have s very good report. Very mechanical and only about 25 minutes on my back. Then I turned over and nothing on the front, feet or hands. He leaned over and licked my nipple and asked me if I would be a big tipper. I said yes and he got a little more interactive but I never made it to the end. It was only about 45 minutes and I tipped him 50 percent. He hassled me about it and said that wasn't generous. I said good night and he was still talking to me about it as I left. This was my second hero experience. No more.

I was at Hero recently and I don't have s very good report. Very mechanical and only about 25 minutes on my back. Then I turned over and nothing on the front, feet or hands. He leaned over and licked my nipple and asked me if I would be a big tipper. I said yes and he got a little more interactive but I never made it to the end. It was only about 45 minutes and I tipped him 50 percent. He hassled me about it and said that wasn't generous. I said good night and he was still talking to me about it as I left. This was my second hero experience. No more.

With all of these similar types of messages being shared, my previous ones as well, I am leaning more and more to thoughts others have shared that these guys have been "spoiled" by too high tipping. What a shame, because it seems many of us will not be customers any longer for many of these locations...

how long of a massage does everyone typically book? I’ve only done an hour but curious what more the extra 30min would do if I did 90 minutes. Can’t imagine getting stuck with a bad massage for 1.5 hours but if it’s good, i can see how it would be great. Thoughts?

I used to see August at Babylon a while back. Does anyone know if he’s still around? DM me if you know. Thanks!

August had gone private and was performing messages from his apartment in Hell's Kitchen close to Hero Spa for a while. Now I don't see his ad on masseurfinder any longer. Maybe he has relocated?