Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

So the "official" reason as to why no towel is because it's to "messy" I've complained saying it gets hot in steam room and i would like to sit on it. If alot of people complain and say other spas allow you to use towel maybe just maybe they will allow us again. I think the real reason is so they can check who is hard and who is playing in the steam room. there is a guy that walks by what seems like every 10 secs to check. Do they have signs up saying no towles? when I went on friday it was just a guy telling us but a few didn't listen. once your in with a towel they cant tell you no

They seem to be more lenient with the towels. I went yesterday and every guy had a hand towel and they didn't say anything this time. Unfortunately now they have a worker sitting in the wet area watching. So awkward. Only about 6-8 guys there so seems they are losing a lot of customers now.

If the person doing the waxing is good then it should a manageable amount of pain. The wax should be hot enough so it doesn't pull when applied, yet not burn either. The should work quickly and the good ones know to immediately lightly slap their hand on the spot they just waxed to minimize pain.

If you can get sugaring anywhere, I highly recommend it over waxing. Less painful, quick, less risk of irritation or bumpy skin afterwards.

Having said all that, I cannot recommend a place, Living Fresh spa offers both but they're just OK and pricey. I get my sugaring done in Santa Monica usually.

If you find a good place let me know!

Hi, would love to know you go in Santa Monica.

• 2 weeks later...
Some one do it intentional. They live on this.

Exactly. Notice how he waited until the end of the session

They seem to be more lenient with the towels. I went yesterday and every guy had a hand towel and they didn't say anything this time. Unfortunately now they have a worker sitting in the wet area watching. So awkward. Only about 6-8 guys there so seems they are losing a lot of customers now.

I agree. I never had the chance to go before the placed shut down for a few months but was unimpressed when I went a couple of weeks ago.

I just finished with Adam , amazing already booked my next appoiment with him

This is odd. I went to this place and asked for Adam.

I did NOT get a Russian & Mongolia mix. I got a very competent massage from a very nice asian guy.

I figured whomever "@King hunter" was that he probably was the manager/owner hyping the place up. So I didn't believe anything he said as his posting history has only been about this place. But I did think that you "Ravi69" were a real person based on your posting history on the site.

So 3 things are possible... either you're colluding in some manner with this place providing false details. Or you failed to mention that you got the same Asian Adam I did. Or the most unlikely, there are two Adams at this place.

That said, whoever it was gave a really great massage and offered an ending. But I was expecting a Russian & Mongolia mixed person, so I couldn't get into the finish being offered.

So if anyone else is curious. You should describe the "Adam" you want to book an appt with at this place. Or if you want a really good massage from Asian Adam, then just book the one they seem to provide.

I recently went to the Times Square Men’s Spa as a walk in and got Adam. I can confirm he is classically Asian but has what sounds like a deep Russian accent when he speaks. The massage was great as I actually had some knots on my back that he helped relieve. the ending was great too but the moment was ruined when he suggested a tip range and asked if I could agree to

it before finishing. I have no problem tipping generously but it was slightly annoying.

I recently googled men’s spa in Manhattan and found a new spa which had its grand opening last week I believe.

I booked a one hour session today with Rodrigo, a tall young and handsome guy from Brazil at Shangrila spa on East 44th Street. Rodrigo was excellent at what he does and super friendly. I so needed a massage after my workout. Strong hands and great technique, wow! He is going to be my “go to” guy from now on!

The spa is very upscale, very clean and just gorgeous with spacious, beautifully decorated massage rooms, not tiny cubicles that barely fit the massage table. The prices were a bit higher than some other men’s spas in this town but in my opinion worth it for the central location near Grand Central, the beautiful space and great service.

I will DEFINITELY return!

Since the big NYC spa thread was cleared, I lost all my information which I was safely assuming it would always be there. So can you guys remind me:

Who do we know works as a masseur at Utopia and their type?

- Simon (cute Asian guy)

- ??? (???)

- ??? (???)

- ??? (???)

Yes he is. Excellent massage .

My Question...What NYC Spa has the most Diversity? It seems in all the posts in these threads no one seems to be able to just say. As if this is some sort of Taboo question. They'll tell you the geographic regions, vocal dialects, locations of the primary school, the guys vacation schedule, etc. Lol.

I'd just like to know, what spas have the most diversity on their staff? Or are they are 100% staffed by people of Asian decent. Which is perfectly fine. However, I'd like to try a place that offers some variety, as I like variety.

I recently went to the Times Square Men’s Spa as a walk in and got Adam. I can confirm he is classically Asian but has what sounds like a deep Russian accent when he speaks. The massage was great as I actually had some knots on my back that he helped relieve. the ending was great too but the moment was ruined when he suggested a tip range and asked if I could agree to

it before finishing. I have no problem tipping generously but it was slightly annoying.

My Question...What NYC Spa has the most Diversity? It seems in all the posts in these threads no one seems to be able to just say. As if this is some sort of Taboo question. They'll tell you the geographic regions, vocal dialects, locations of the primary school, the guys vacation schedule, etc. Lol.

I'd just like to know, what spas have the most diversity on their staff? Or are they are 100% staffed by people of Asian decent. Which is perfectly fine. However, I'd like to try a place that offers some variety, as I like variety.

I am not sure why you think it is a taboo. We talk about it all the time. “He is Russian”, “he is black”, “he is Asian”, “he is Latino”, “he is Turkish”, etc. etc.

Among the popular spas, Supermen spa, and 27 men spa have the most diversity.

I guess utopia can be included in that list too, but it has fewer masseurs than the other 2.

Manta used to be quite diverse but I stopped going more than a year ago, so not sure about the current status.