Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Went to K-Town today. They've been closed for like 6 months for renovations but I didn't see anything different except there is water fountain in the men's wet area and they re-arranged the couches on the floor with the saunas haha. It's not worth going anymore though. They no longer allow towels in the wet area. They give you one small one and one big one and you have to keep them in the cubby before you enter the wet room. What?!! This makes no sense. Why can't I at least take my small towel to sit on in the steam-room because the bench is hot or use it to wipe my sweat? So dumb. Guys were still playing in the shower and steam-room walking around with hard-ons. I'm pretty sure someone complained because I saw a hot blond guy storm out of the steam-room and out of the wet area and then 30 seconds later the worker came in and checked in on the steam-room. He kept doing every few minutes after that the rest of the time I was there. The floor with the saunas also smelled funny. Then they changed how you check out. You have to go out to reception and check out and then come back into the locker-room to get your shoes. It's so stupid. Before you could check out with the locker-room attendant. Anyway, sorry for the long post but I was expecting so much more because they were closed for so long.

So the "official" reason as to why no towel is because it's to "messy" I've complained saying it gets hot in steam room and i would like to sit on it. If alot of people complain and say other spas allow you to use towel maybe just maybe they will allow us again. I think the real reason is so they can check who is hard and who is playing in the steam room. there is a guy that walks by what seems like every 10 secs to check. Do they have signs up saying no towles? when I went on friday it was just a guy telling us but a few didn't listen. once your in with a towel they cant tell you no

So the "official" reason as to why no towel is because it's to "messy" I've complained saying it gets hot in steam room and i would like to sit on it. If alot of people complain and say other spas allow you to use towel maybe just maybe they will allow us again. I think the real reason is so they can check who is hard and who is playing in the steam room. there is a guy that walks by what seems like every 10 secs to check. Do they have signs up saying no towles? when I went on friday it was just a guy telling us but a few didn't listen. once your in with a towel they cant tell you no

So how’s the crowd like in that spa? Is it crowded? How’s The Weeknd like? When is the best time?

Is it worth it for cruising? I have been to a lot of authentic jim Jill bang / bath houses in Seoul and the rest of Asia except here in NYC. A little bit pricey but what can you expect if you are in the middle of the NYC? lol

When I went it was the guy telling me no towels. I did see him come in and take a small towel away from one guy who had one. He had it next to him while sitting on the hot tub.

So how’s the crowd like in that spa? Is it crowded? How’s The Weeknd like? When is the best time?

Is it worth it for cruising? I have been to a lot of authentic jim Jill bang / bath houses in Seoul and the rest of Asia except here in NYC. A little bit pricey but what can you expect if you are in the middle of the NYC? lol

The crowd is mixed but this does attract a good looking crowd. However, re: cruising they have signs up about inappropriate behavior, attendant checks all the time, the steam room you can easily see in from far away and some guys have complained to the attendant so you have to be very careful. I went this past weekend early evening and it was pretty crowded.

Hey guys — looking for some advice. Since getting sensual massages, have only been with Samet at SMS for almost two years. Bummed to hear he is no longer there. With that said, who can recommend where to go next? Would prefer non-Asian (but open to, it’s fine) muscular masseur. I always get a 90-minute body scrub + massage so looking for same. Would love some recommendations! Thanks.

I bet they’re just being cheap about the laundry service to keep a supply of towels going. I was annoyed previously that they did such a poor job of enforcing nudity in the men’s area before, with some guys going in wearing bathing suits. I don’t expect them to suddenly be interested in being more authentic. They’re just trying to save money on washing towels.

But that seems gross. At other Korean spas I always use the little towels to sit on so I don’t sit on someone’s butt sweat. I think people should complain to the manager and on Yelp.

A

I’m really interested in a masseur that knows his craft with a great personality.

I was told Ahmed from 24/7 men’s spa no longer work there. I don’t know why he left. I know he had a great network of clientele already that even myself, a regular customer for the nth time around has difficulty making an appointment and most of the time, I had to wait for an hour or 2.

Ahmed don’t pretend, he don’t assume and he doesn’t demand.

There are masseurs there that possess an almost perfect physical attributes but personality and skills is way below passing mark. They have to be reminded that they don’t sell any product, they provide service.

Anybody knows where he’s working now? Pm me. If he’s not back, I’m changing spa.[/quote

Ahmed is still at 27 men , for me personally his skill is ok and he does demand which is a turn off . Did a 2 hour with him last week .

He demanded for a tip? Or maybe because you asked him to do something extra ordinary? Been with him for the nth times, and since I’m a regular, I’m a lil bit generous with the tips. I think that we cannot deny the fact that his massage is legit.

What I mean for “he doesn’t demand” is that, he just do his work well and patiently waited for you to hand over your tips.

Lesson: In Life, not everything is free. Lol

He demanded for a tip? Or maybe because you asked him to do something extra ordinary? Been with him for the nth times, and since I’m a regular, I’m a lil bit generous with the tips. I think that we cannot deny the fact that his massage is legit.

What I mean for “he doesn’t demand” is that, he just do his work well and patiently waited for you to hand over your tips.

Lesson: In Life, not everything is free. Lol

Hi thanks for your response , I actually think myself a generous tipper . I usually give more than 60% of the actual massage .

Probally I was his last person but I was never approached for additional tips and yes there was extra which I factored in . Now remembering , I gave his in the room the bulk and additional on paying at the desk .

I completely agree nothing is fee . Lol .

As for his massage technique , to be fair I only did one session , I will revise after my secondary third .

There was an excellent masseur at Utopia last year who was fired for demanding tips from clients. I don't remember his name, but when I asked for him again, he was gone, and though management did not tell me why, another masseur did. (How else would I have known?) There is a sign in every room at Utopia that informs clients that masseurs are not allowed to ask for tips.

Customers should know that in most (probably all) spas, the masseur receives less than half the amount we pay for a massage. We should tip generously.

Hi guys I am new to this forum and fairly new to going to spas for massage , my question is how much should I be tipping ? I would appreciate some guidance Please msg me if needed . You can text me also at 917-819-7355 . I am not sure if this is allowed but if it is please do.

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Edited by Ravi69

There was an excellent masseur at Utopia last year who was fired for demanding tips from clients. I don't remember his name, but when I asked for him again, he was gone, and though management did not tell me why, another masseur did. (How else would I have known?) There is a sign in every room at Utopia that informs clients that masseurs are not allowed to ask for tips.

Customers should know that in most (probably all) spas, the masseur receives less than half the amount we pay for a massage. We should tip generously.

Well said Mr Beethoven

All Masseur work long hours

and live on Tips. So please

be generous and tip good

after all they take care of us.

And we have to show our

Appreciation.