Recommendation for Spa in NYC

Top247
This topic is 1026 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Always reading and I think I’m finally read to give it a shot. Never been to one before but I’m Looking for a recommendation for a spa in NYC. Preferably one with table shower and body scrub. 

can also message me on kik if you have details LC12323

Edited by Top247

You have to select one and try it by yourself. All reviews are subjective and depends on the individual’s taste and standards. Add to that, some masseurs find this forum an opportunity to praise themselves thru creating fake accounts and fake names. It just happened to me last week, when I posted a review about someone really talented, and his massage was different from all the others that i have worked with. 
and suddenly two or three members who obviously they work at the same spa where the guy is, to comment on my review and mocking me. It seems they were very upset because I mentioned how excellent the guy is, and how much I enjoyed my session.

This incident, leaves me questioning every single review. And wonder if it’s a real one and if it’s based on an experience with an X or Y or Z masseur? Or it’s just a looser wants to get more clients…  

Guest fm0322
1 hour ago, Lord_Oliver said:

You have to select one and try it by yourself. All reviews are subjective and depends on the individual’s taste and standards. Add to that, some masseurs find this forum an opportunity to praise themselves thru creating fake accounts and fake names. It just happened to me last week, when I posted a review about someone really talented, and his massage was different from all the others that i have worked with. 
and suddenly two or three members who obviously they work at the same spa where the guy is, to comment on my review and mocking me. It seems they were very upset because I mentioned how excellent the guy is, and how much I enjoyed my session.

This incident, leaves me questioning every single review. And wonder if it’s a real one and if it’s based on an experience with an X or Y or Z masseur? Or it’s just a looser wants to get more clients…  

I have following this forum for awhile and I completely identify with @Lord_Oliver. We are not an objective panel assessing masseurs and spas, We're only sharing our experience and YMMV. When I review, I try to be honest and always make one positive comment. I never trash a person or place, but to simply reflect what I experienced. There are members in the forum who I follow and whose reviews/comments I completely trust.

On 8/9/2021 at 2:20 PM, fm0322 said:

I have following this forum for awhile and I completely identify with @Lord_Oliver. We are not an objective panel assessing masseurs and spas, We're only sharing our experience and YMMV. When I review, I try to be honest and always make one positive comment. I never trash a person or place, but to simply reflect what I experienced. There are members in the forum who I follow and whose reviews/comments I completely trust.

Exactly @fm0322. There are so many variables that affect your experience with someone--yours/his mood, weather, location, etc.--and without a doubt, continued visits develops a relationship which you can't get with a one off.  Over time I recognize forum members who have similar tastes to mine but I never bank on reviews as what I should expect to experience. Specifically with new visits, I read to make sure the basics are covered well and everything beyond that is icing. My regular is out of town right now so I just tried two new guys and didn't dig either. I just report my experience without too much judgement--they might be a good fit for someone else. Truly the essence of YMMV.