Lake Steam Baths in Denver

paulvanl
This topic is 1656 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I went last month. Reminded me a little of City Spa in LA. They have one set of facilities, so there are separate hours for men vs women. Don't go expecting the Four Seasons - the facilities are not new, but they are well kept and I thought everything was reasonably clean. There is a wet area with a hot tub, showers and tiled benches - if you get a scrub, that happens in the wet area also. There is a large sauna (like, huge, could seat 2 dozen easily) - very hot, and a smaller steam room that seats probably 8-10 max, depending on how cozy folks want to be. There are massage rooms (didn't try), also a small resting area attached to the locker area, and a restaurant (didn't try). Mixed crowd of men when I was there in terms of ages, races, and body types. I was there on a Saturday in the late afternoon/early evening; there was a little cruising going on, but no hot and heavy activity. Seems more like a place to relax than to get your groove on, though undoubtedly others' mileage has varied. Great neon sign outside - very retro. I'd go again if in DEN.