Your favorite hotel for an overnight?

This topic is 1683 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’ve stayed at nearly every hotel in Weho. I wouldn’t call it a “sex hotel” but like the poster above, I have to endorse The London. It’s the best hotel there. It’s also the most expensive by a fairly large margin. Le Parc is also great, in West Hollywood, and more affordable. There are a few Le’s — like Le Montrose which is okay and has a rooftop pool with a great view but the rooms are generally small. At Le Petit Ermitage there’s a good chance you’ll see a celebrity in passing (when last I stayed there there were a couple and I got to speak to Portia DeRossi). I wouldn’t stay at Le Petit Ermitage again, though. It’s just a block down from The London, but you absolutely — because in some hotels it’s generally the case but not really enforced — need to have a keycard to use the elevator. Same goes for Ramada (here you can call also the lobby and tell them to let up a guest you’re having over), which, being the most economical, is also the most basic hotel (though it’s right next to Kitchen 24, the diner that is always open, which is cool).

I've stayed at The London and also like it a lot. As I recall, you need a keycard to get up the elevator to the room floors. Are there any good hotels in the area that don't require a key card?

I had a work around going for awhile at The Redbury in Hollywood before it closed: I'd ask for a room on the same level as the check in desk and guys coming over to see me could walk directly to the room, which is really nice if you're hosting several guys in the course of the evening.

The key card elevators come in two varieties. In some cases the cards are coded to your floor, but in most it’s just checking that you’re allowed access. In those cases just go in after someone else and just punch the floor you need. No need to scan both cards.

AirBnBs are hit and miss. I’ve had some where I felt completely private with an isolated unit and private entrance. In other cases I felt like the host was hovering. In one case they knocked on my door, interrupting the deed.