A Dilemma

Billsboy4
This topic is 1697 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who met a guy on Seeking Arrangements. He met this guy on the site and they got together twice for brief encounters. After the second meeting, he didn't have a good feeling about the guy and when the guy contacted him again, he nicely told him he didn't want to see him again. During the encounters, the guy told him he was married and had lost his job and needed extra money for his family, which was why he was doing this. That was a week ago. Today he gets a call from the guys wife, saying she was going to the police and ruin his life, like he ruined her life. She found all the texts between my friend and the guy and she was going to take that to the police.

After I calmed him down, I told him that I thought another call was coming, asking for money. I'm not an attorney, but I don't think texts are enough to get him in any trouble with law enforcement. I told him not pay any money, if asked and if the police question him, to get a lawyer.

I'd like to hear back from anyone who has had a similar situation or who can shed some light on this. Thanks in advance for your help.

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who met a guy on Seeking Arrangements. He met this guy on the site and they got together twice for brief encounters. After the second meeting, he didn't have a good feeling about the guy and when the guy contacted him again, he nicely told him he didn't want to see him again. During the encounters, the guy told him he was married and had lost his job and needed extra money for his family, which was why he was doing this. That was a week ago. Today he gets a call from the guys wife, saying she was going to the police and ruin his life, like he ruined her life. She found all the texts between my friend and the guy and she was going to take that to the police.

After I calmed him down, I told him that I thought another call was coming, asking for money. I'm not an attorney, but I don't think texts are enough to get him in any trouble with law enforcement. I told him not pay any money, if asked and if the police question him, to get a lawyer.

I'd like to hear back from anyone who has had a similar situation or who can shed some light on this. Thanks in advance for your help.

This is likely a scam the couple have used many times before. You’ve given your friend good advice.

Well, keep the texts. It's proof that it was consensual. If anything he could get arrested for prostitution. They're banking on the fact that you're scared and would possibly offer them money to keep quiet. Not the first one I've heard. There are these so-called straight for pay guys that only do this because they're hard for cash. In a way they are but they'd like to scare you and make money off of you. If that were me I'd say go ahead and try to ruin me. I can return the favor. Especially if you have the texts and his photos. If anything I say good luck to him. I think your friend got way too attached emotionally with his hire and provided too much personal info. I treat mine as a business transaction. Have your friend stop interacting with this lunatic couple. They'll eventually go away. The more he prolongs it the worse it gets.

“Oh my dear, I’m sorry your husband has ruined your life. If you feel it prudent to call the police that’s your prerogative however you should realize you don’t understand what ruination really is until I expose your husband as a prostitute and you as a coconspirator in a scam. Have a nice day” click

Your friend should also print out copies of the scammer’s ad on SA

“Oh my dear, I’m sorry your husband has ruined your life. If you feel it prudent to call the police that’s your prerogative however you should realize you don’t understand what ruination really is until I expose your husband as a prostitute and you as a coconspirator in a scam. Have a nice day” click

Your friend should also print out copies of the scammer’s ad on SA

Exchanging one shakedown for another seems like a counterproductive tack as well as somewhat hypocritical. Don't frame something as prostitution when that positions you for prosecution as well.