Another missed opportunity

Pensant
This topic is 1733 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am the master of missed opportunities! On Sunday night I decided to have dinner at a very nice vegan restaurant in Old Town Tallinn, just steps from my Airbnb flat. I noticed a tall blond with a nice beard come in, but didn’t see his face. As I finished dinner, he told the server that his meal was terrible, in jest. There was only one other couple in the place. I laughed and he looked over at me. Very handsome, late 30’s? I moved over to the adjoining table and began chatting. He was visiting from Stuttgart for a few days and we chatted about our travels for a few minutes. I could tell he was gay and I discerned some interest. Why I didn’t suggest we go have a drink, I don’t know. This wasn’t the first time I let an opportunity slip. Even if we just had a friendly drink it would have been fun. Alas! Just ruminating here.

Even if we just had a friendly drink it would have been fun. Alas! Just ruminating here.

And, if you were both straight, it would still have been a reasonable thing to suggest in the circumstances, two tourists comparing travel notes etc, so why didn't you suggest it? In my experience, there is usually an underlying reason for not taking what might otherwise be seen as a beneficial course of action.