Questions from Masseurs

ButchAtl
This topic is 1740 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've often wondered what they are really asking.

It seems masseurs often will ask two questions before or during the first few minutes of a massage: (1) How often do you get a massage?, and (2) When (or how long ago) was you last massage? Is there any purpose served, or information this provides, in order to give a better massage? Does it have to do with "market research"? Or, are they just initiating conversation? It doesn't really bother me as much as just makes me curious. Anyone have any insight or other thoughts? Thanks!

I get those same two questions from many masseurs. Sometimes it seems to be a matter of better understanding my body's condition, or with how much experience I'll react to the massage. Sometimes it seems curiosity in the way of market research. Sometimes it does seem to be gently exploring whether there's potential for a "regular" thing.

Edited by dutchal

Yes it's definitely what Travis69 said. It's a subtle way of gauging your disposable income. If you get a massage once a week then that means you spend at least $400-500 per month on massages. I think it'll make them try harder to please you if you say you get a massage once a week.

Wallet biopsy.