Note to masseurs: avoid dumpy motels!

Capitano
This topic is 1770 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Of course, everyone can run their business any way they see fit but I thought I'd clarify how some of us clients feel about the choice of hotels of some traveling masseurs.

#1 Please avoid dumpy motels! They are a huge turnoff. I will NOT go for a massage in a place that I suspect will be or even just feel dirty or smell bad. Massage is a luxury experience, so please keep that in mind. It doesn't have to be a 4-star hotel but it cannot be a 30 year old motel that has never seen a renovation. And if it's one of those places where you enter your room from a shared terrace, forget it!

#2 The choice of a dump is particularly galling if your rate is $150 or $160 an hour. That's like running a high end French restaurant and using plastic forks, it just won't work.

In Houston, that would include the local chain of Palace Inns. They are mostly new and are popping up all the time; most are surrounded by wooden privacy fences; the rooms are all entered from the aforementioned shared terrace/outdoor hallway; and once inside the room, you will not find a table lamp anywhere! So the lighting is only from the garish fluorescent over the vanity or whatever one might muster from the TV, or the horrid overhead ceiling light RIGHT OVER THE BED!

I've had only ONE experience in one of these joints; however, I looked up the chain on line and apparently, what I described is their "style."